John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's basically the most consistent passer of a ball in the league, which is very important in our team.
Sorry mate but I disagree. I know you like to use opta stats and the like to form your opinion, and my opinion is that Stones is indeed a consistent passer of the ball. It's just that when he has the ball he all too often treats it like a hot potato and tries to get rid to the nearest player, often sideways and backwards. Hardly the ball playing player we thought he was or would become. There's time yet, but the way he's performing he won't have much time with us. Often too passive and hardly aggressive. I was hoping he would have established himself and be a commanding CB, a leader of men and captain. Sadly Stones looks anything but right now, and he's regressing at an alarming rate.

Just for the record, John Stones is a fucking natural leader. Has been since he was 20 at Everton.

Some of you are confusing being out of confidence with not being a leader.

Even as a 20 yearold, older teammates differed to him constantly. Including Cahill who was already in his 30s.

When he gets his confidence and game back, he'll be the leader of our defense and not Laporte. Laporte might be the best player on the Defense. But I'll bet anyone a thousand that Stones will be it's leader.

You can take that to the bank.
"Just for the record, John Stones is a fucking natural leader".

A natural leader of what, a fuckin' pom pom team?

Open Your eyes and stop talking shite pal.

He was good yesterday but let's be honest it was against a team in the relegation zone with no recognised striker on the pitch. Hardly his toughest test.

He was good yesterday but let's be honest it was against a team in the relegation zone with no recognised striker on the pitch. Hardly his toughest test.

I agree. He was okay yesterday, more tests to come.

Sorry mate but I disagree. I know you like to use opta stats and the like to form your opinion, and my opinion is that Stones is indeed a consistent passer of the ball. It's just that when he has the ball he all too often treats it like a hot potato and tries to get rid to the nearest player, often sideways and backwards. Hardly the ball playing player we thought he was or would become. There's time yet, but the way he's performing he won't have much time with us. Often too passive and hardly aggressive. I was hoping he would have established himself and be a commanding CB, a leader of men and captain. Sadly Stones looks anything but right now, and he's regressing at an alarming rate.

I use stats to support opinions. Sadly I don't have one on spud heat. I'd expect most of his passes to go to the nearest player - Pep wants lots of short passes. I'd also expect plenty of his passes to go sideways and backwards and he should often be releasing the ball quickly.

When I watch a game, I am often looking at where I think the player with the ball should pass and I have not registered Stones getting that wrong frequently. I wonder if when he does, it tends to stick in people's minds?

If he could sorry his head out and not be injured I think he’d be class

We’ve seen him have spells where he was been great and done everything right. I think most us want him to do well

No, but he was also excellent against Chelsea just a few months ago. One of his best performances for us.

I think he’s just got confidence issues in his body. Injuries can have a huge detrimental affect to your mental state as well as your body.

I use stats to support opinions. Sadly I don't have one on spud heat. I'd expect most of his passes to go to the nearest player - Pep wants lots of short passes. I'd also expect plenty of his passes to go sideways and backwards and he should often be releasing the ball quickly.

When I watch a game, I am often looking at where I think the player with the ball should pass and I have not registered Stones getting that wrong frequently. I wonder if when he does, it tends to stick in people's minds?
Erm, I think you're pulling my pisser there mate, pull da udder one; )

Just for the record, John Stones is a fucking natural leader. Has been since he was 20 at Everton.

Some of you are confusing being out of confidence with not being a leader.

Even as a 20 yearold, older teammates differed to him constantly. Including Cahill who was already in his 30s.

When he gets his confidence and game back, he'll be the leader of our defense and not Laporte. Laporte might be the best player on the Defense. But I'll bet anyone a thousand that Stones will be it's leader.

You can take that to the bank.
Garcia is more of a leader and hes 18. He's never shown anything while hes been here to suggest hes a natural leader even in his good spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.