Sergio Aguero - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's absolutely amazing and a true legend but he's not even close to either of those 2 in terms of natural talent and ability.
Dunno, in my opinion, if there's anywhere he's close to those 2, it is in natural talent and ability. Don't think he was ever quite as hungry with his craft or focused on being the best of the best. His natural talent is pretty fucking exceptional, though. Maybe a smidge under those two but it is certainly up there.

Dunno, in my opinion, if there's anywhere he's close to those 2, it is in natural talent and ability. Don't think he was ever quite as hungry with his craft or focused on being the best of the best. His natural talent is pretty fucking exceptional, though. Maybe a smidge under those two but it is certainly up there.
Maybe a bit below Ronaldo in terms of raw talent. He is clearly below Messi. Who's just above.

His stats are absolutely ridiculous. It’s been a privilege to watch him over the past decade. You knew within minutes of his debut at The Etihad that he was going to be a special player for us. Will be gutted when he leaves.

18 goals in 21 games so far this season.

Getting old, past it, out of form, etc

The interesting thing is that if you look at top scorers, he obviously hasn't scored the most PL goals this season, but this season, and regularly, season after season, in terms of fewest number of minutes on pitch to highest number of goals, he's literally miles ahead of anyone else. No-one else can touch him. Certainly not Vardy, certainly not Aubameyang, this season. And he actually misses quite a few. This tells you a) that he's in a team where he's getting superb service b) when he's on the pitch, there is danger at all moments. Both of these we knew, but they're confirmed by the stats. As I remember it, there was a period about four or five seasons back when he was picking up quite a few injuries — out for four weeks here, out for two months there. It's wonderful that he seems to have come through that and come out the other side. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't continue at the very top level for two or three more seasons.
Gabi is going to have to wait to become top dog up front. By the way, I love them playing together. Over and again, they've proved that that can function.

My concern is who is going to replace this phenomenal player as he is no spring chicken anymore !

THE KING.

When you need one goal to break a record and you casually score a hat trick and break two big records... that’s our Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.