Aston Villa (A) Post-Match Thread

that was enjoyable, though i had a wry smile at the end as we contrived to gift a goal (and yes, i am pretty sure that was a penalty).

i thought De Bruyne was a little rusty actually, aside from a glorious assist, he misplaced more passes than i remember him doing before (one of which a 6 yard grubber to absolutely nobody, made me chuckle). David Silva still ticks along but he looks like he called his departure from City perfectly. Mendy solid again, only one poor game in his last 7 or 8, and Cancelo on the other side is genuinely skillful and a good fullback. Centre halves had fuck all to do, and keeper, while Aguero and Jesus up top were brilliant. Mahrez is now possibly form player of the team (i still maintain he's got the best and most consistent 1st touch of any player i can remember seeing, including de bruyne). Rodri is a very solid player. 9/10.

Missed the match as at grandsons birthday party,but was keeping tabs on game,by the sounds of things we completely dominated villa and had them demoralised by halftime,aguero wow greatest overseas player ever in the premier league in goal scoring terms now,will watch highlights later can’t wait,we seem to be getting back to the type of performances that pep and us are used too...
Next time
Fair play to the Villa fans who stayed till the end.

To the rest of the early leavers present today -

"Where were you, where were you, where were you when it was 6, where were you when it was six"! ???

In 2003, our final season at Maine road, we were spanked 5-1 at home to Arsenal. We were in awe of them and the magnificent football they played, and many blues stayed till the end to applaud Arsenal off the pitch!

Villa are back in the Premier League after a 3 season absence and after 30 minutes they couldn't wait to fuck off off en masse. Fickle ****s don't deserve PL football!

It ain't all about winning, and we know better than most. And opposing fans in the know know exactly WWTWWWS!!!
We also game Paul Merson a standing ovation when he was subbed late on in a game playing for Villa, he was outstanding that day the applause cane from all round the stadium.

Fair play to the Villa fans who stayed till the end.

To the rest of the early leavers present today -

"Where were you, where were you, where were you when it was 6, where were you when it was six"! ???

In 2003, our final season at Maine road, we were spanked 5-1 at home to Arsenal. We were in awe of them and the magnificent football they played, and many blues stayed till the end to applaud Arsenal off the pitch!

Villa are back in the Premier League after a 3 season absence and after 30 minutes they couldn't wait to fuck off off en masse. Fickle ****s don't deserve PL football!

It ain't all about winning, and we know better than most. And opposing fans in the know know exactly WWTWWWS!!!
Remember that Arsenal game well, probably the finest exhibition of total football I have ever seen from an away team watching City.

that was enjoyable, though i had a wry smile at the end as we contrived to gift a goal (and yes, i am pretty sure that was a penalty).

i thought De Bruyne was a little rusty actually, aside from a glorious assist, he misplaced more passes than i remember him doing before (one of which a 6 yard grubber to absolutely nobody, made me chuckle). David Silva still ticks along but he looks like he called his departure from City perfectly. Mendy solid again, only one poor game in his last 7 or 8, and Cancelo on the other side is genuinely skillful and a good fullback. Centre halves had fuck all to do, and keeper, while Aguero and Jesus up top were brilliant. Mahrez is now possibly form player of the team (i still maintain he's got the best and most consistent 1st touch of any player i can remember seeing, including de bruyne). Rodri is a very solid player. 9/10.

Have you thought of a career in sports journalism? Perfect summarisation of players and performances imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.