Performances since Arteta left?

yep, sorry OP, not having that. Far too many years he was here when we won stuff and also we've changed formation a bit since he left, plus natural fluctuations in form - no way you can put anything down to his departure.

We changed formation, that’s the crux of it. We had got a bit stale, we tried players in different positions. Recently, Bernardo has played both much deeper than normal and also as a false 9 - it’s rejuvenated him. Jesus has played from the left. Rodri in defence, we’ve given Mendy/Cancelo/Walker more freedom to get forward by playing 3 at the back. Basically, we’ve given the squad something new to think about and they’ve responded.
Indeed

It goes without saying that the performance has improved by leaps and bounds since Arteta left. He might have supported some deadwoods and tried hard to convince Pep to start them. Anyway, we are better off without him, good riddance ! I am glad we saw the back of him !
Very harsh judgement. Thought he did well for us and was a good number . He must have taken a back seat last season? I think sooner or later we were going to start playing better. Mendy playing better, Ferdi doing well at CB and Rodri settling things down well. As long as we don't start Gundogan we'll be ok. Essentially though Liverpool being so far in front and probably winners this season has taken a fair bit of pressure off. The test will be Real Madrid

I think it's purely coincidence performances have improved since he left.

We look reinvigorated with these multiple tactical tweaks which is on Pep. Almost every position on the pitch has had a tweak in terms of style and tactics and the players look to have bought into this and as a result are thriving by being asked to do something slightly different.

We looked stale for the first few months of the season. With playing the same way for a few seasons other teams had started figuring us about a bit too.

Shows Pep's genius if anything, and more to the point could point to the start of a new "cycle" that he wants to stick around for.

No correlation for me.

And the formation definitely didn't need to be changed imo, just some of the players.

I didn't think we were that great against Everton or United and were far better at Villa where the formation was pretty much the same as we always play but with some of the players who sometimes hold us back (Gundo, Ota) out of the team.

I was just wondering if anyone else thinks likewise. We seem to be pressing and passing much better and our general play is back to its mind blowing best.
So question is, did Arteta encourage restraint and pragmatism? Its like were off the leash again.

I could be wrong, but pretty sure Arteta was assistant manager for the previous 2 seasons as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.