CL R16 - Real Madrid - (A) 26/02 - (H) 17/03

Wasn't that impressed with Madrid today, very fortunate to beat Atletico on penalties.

This game could potentially define Pep's tenure here considering last three CL campaigns.

Can you imagine the pots of boiling piss in DipVarpool if we get to the final and win it??
It will take some gloss off their first PL title, shame we were ravaged by injuries and didn’t turn up for some games otherwise we would be a lot closer than we are to the vermin.
Let’s go deep into this competition, RM are still a great team, but we can beat them over two legs.

You're kidding aren't you? We'll be lucky with a footnote in the red tops if we win it.

Play like we have done the last two games and have no serious injuries we have a great chance of winning the CL on our day not much are a match for us

Wasn't that impressed with Madrid today, very fortunate to beat Atletico on penalties.

This game could potentially define Pep's tenure here considering last three CL campaigns.

I don't think this game weighs that heavily on Pep to be honest. His tenure here will be defined by winning back to back titles (when the opposition was at it's strongest in PL history). He's the first manager to lead a club to the 3 figure points total. Quickest to win 100 games. First to win the domestic Treble/Quadruple. If we manage to win the League Cup he would have won the previous 6 domestic trophies on the bounce. He's won 7 of the last 8 domestic trophies on offer already. We've broken goal-scoring records, win records etc. This is all during the same period when English clubs have dominated in European competition.

He might never get close to winning the Champions League with City, but if he follows his track record, he'll only be defined as a success at City. Remember, he has the same amount of Champions league winners medals as Fergie... and he's been around a few decades less than him!

If we got out to Real Madrid, it will be depressing because we're genuinely good enough to win the competition. But they'll fancy their chances as well.

Really looking forward to this game, both teams are in very impressive form. You will have to be at your very, very best to beat this Real Madrid side because this Real Madrid team simply doesn’t concede a lot of goals whereas Man City score lots of goals. I’m also interested to see the midfield battle, De Bruyne is a great player and is playing brilliantly but he won’t be able to do that against Casemiro, Kroos or Fede because they won’t give him time or space and are too tactically street wise and Modric and Isco are back to their best so you certainly won’t win the midfield battle like you’re used too in the premier league. Perhaps the best way for you to win is using your speed with Sane , Mahrez and Sterling on the counter attack, trying to ‘control’ a midfield against this Real Madrid team will end badly for any side

Think I'd like to see us go 3 at the back for this one with the wing backs pushing high.

Ederson​
Stones Fernandinho Laporte​
Cancelo Rodri Bernardo Mendy
KDB​
Aguero Jesus​

I'd even be tempted to have Walker in for Stones at RCB purely for his pace/recovery at the back, but would be something that needs testing before the game as I'd be a bit hesitant over his ability to play out from the back as a CB. Perhaps Stones through the center and Ferna as the RCB if not.

Want to see Bernardo utilised centrally for games like this - his work rate alone is so important and just don't think this is the sort of game we should be risking with Silva or Gundo's lack of pace/energy in what's going to be a difficult midfield battle.

Really looking forward to this game, both teams are in very impressive form. You will have to be at your very, very best to beat this Real Madrid side because this Real Madrid team simply doesn’t concede a lot of goals whereas Man City score lots of goals. I’m also interested to see the midfield battle, De Bruyne is a great player and is playing brilliantly but he won’t be able to do that against Casemiro, Kroos or Fede because they won’t give him time or space and are too tactically street wise and Modric and Isco are back to their best so you certainly won’t win the midfield battle like you’re used too in the premier league. Perhaps the best way for you to win is using your speed with Sane , Mahrez and Sterling on the counter attack, trying to ‘control’ a midfield against this Real Madrid team will end badly for any side
I was thinking of going to this game in Madrid but each of the last 3 times I have been over I have witnessed police brutality on peaceful supporters, why do they have this policy ? Is it the same when non English supporters attend ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.