January defenders

All these different defenders that are a mix of good, bad and average.

It's like when a restaurant has sold out of its last steak that you'd been looking forward to, and you're frantically looking at the menu to see what's second best. That was us not getting van dijk.

Maybe we'd be better just sticking with Stones and Laporte. Are there any central defenders out there that are fast with great strength, heading ability and positioning that don't dive in and have good leadership qualities? If not, why waste £60m plus on someone who won't really improve us?

All these different defenders that are a mix of good, bad and average.

It's like when a restaurant has sold out of its last steak that you'd been looking forward to, and you're frantically looking at the menu to see what's second best. That was us not getting van dijk.

Maybe we'd be better just sticking with Stones and Laporte. Are there any central defenders out there that are fast with great strength, heading ability and positioning that don't dive in and have good leadership qualities? If not, why waste £60m plus on someone who won't really improve us?
We ended up getting Laporte when we couldn’t get VVD. Not a bad “second choice”. I wouldn’t argue he’s better than VVD, but for the way we play, it’s definitely arguable he’s better for us.

We ended up getting Laporte when we couldn’t get VVD. Not a bad “second choice”. I wouldn’t argue he’s better than VVD, but for the way we play, it’s definitely arguable he’s better for us.

Hypothetical but if we had signed VVD , do you think he would have fitted into our setup ?

Of course, he would have been ideal, the only thing that put off management was the £75m it was shown on Amazon prime ;-)

We don't have a midfield 3 in front of him to offer the same protection - so there is a difference in set ups between us and the dippers .And my question was actually directed to the poster @shaelumstach.

I haven't seen the Amazon prime feature, and if the management didn't want to pay £75m then as I said initially , the question is academic.

We don't have a midfield 3 in front of him to offer the same protection - so there is a difference in set ups between us and the dippers .And my question was actually directed to the poster @shaelumstach.

I haven't seen the Amazon prime feature, and if the management didn't want to pay £75m then as I said initially , the question is academic.
Apologies, I didn't realise that you only wanted replies from @shaelumstach, the Amazon prime documentary showed behind the scenes conversations about the transfer and decision making. I would certainly recommend it. With hindsight it would have been money well spent, particularly as Liverpool would have been denied their best player, who has transformed their side. I genuinely don't think they would have won the CL or had such success in the PL without him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.