John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see who Pep picks at CB for the next couple of games. Given there is six days between the Villa and Palace games tiredness should not be a factor. I would like to see Stones start against Palace as, if he sorts himself out, he has better long term prospects than Otamendi.

Will be interesting to see who Pep picks at CB for the next couple of games. Given there is six days between the Villa and Palace games tiredness should not be a factor. I would like to see Stones start against Palace as, if he sorts himself out, he has better long term prospects than Otamendi.
As we will try to ship out Otamendi once again come summer, it would be logical, yes. Then again, I'm sure Guardiola selects players into the starting eleven based on form, training and the opponent (and the following fixtures of course, though he won't admit that).

Stones has to prove himself against the top clubs, not cannon fodder like Villa yesterday

He has the rest of the season to prove doubters wrong about him now - and i will admit i am currently one of the doubters

Stones has to prove himself against the top clubs, not cannon fodder like Villa yesterday

He has the rest of the season to prove doubters wrong about him now - and i will admit i am currently one of the doubters

Yesterday showed us nothing about Stones that we didn't already know. He can look good when we give someone a good hammering.

Nailed it, if he can do it consistently against top class opponents then I will be ready to sing his praises. But Iike many I am yet to be convinced

Let's wait and see how more games pan out. One game is not nearly enough to judge a defender on, poorly or highly.

Maybe he will come good, and can leave injuries and family problems behind him when playing for us. Let's see.

Garcia is more of a leader and hes 18. He's never shown anything while hes been here to suggest hes a natural leader even in his good spells.
Ha! How poor games and injury have influenced our memories. In his good spell be was leading the back line. Telling midfielders where to go. And when Pep had instructions, it was John he called over. Damn! How could we have collectively forgotten all this.

Hope he rehaot that confidence. Especially Pep's. A confidence John Stones is an easy leader.

Just check his thread or the future captain thread from 2 years ago. There were counyky game wondering if the next captain once the Bobby generation were all gone would be Kev or John.

I mean if John's name came up constantly in the future captain discussions, where the hell did the notion come from?

Anyway, just hope he is over his injury. Have no doubt about his talent once he I'd fully healthy and confident.

Like I said, Natural Leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.