#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no doubting the talent - he has to do this consistently throughout a season. He has not yet cemented that wing as his own and that is the problem we have at present with him.

He has the ability, but he tends to have a few good games and then goes missing for a few - whether his mindset is such that he thinks he has performed well enough, therefore he can layoff for a while, i don't know

But one thing is for sure Pep wont swallow that attitude and will be demanding Mahrez produces what we see on those highlights every week

Hope it happens because he can be the difference with his attitude to want to take players on

After a few of good games, he does not go missing but gets benched unexpectedly and unfairly.

There is no doubting the talent - he has to do this consistently throughout a season. He has not yet cemented that wing as his own and that is the problem we have at present with him.

He has the ability, but he tends to have a few good games and then goes missing for a few - whether his mindset is such that he thinks he has performed well enough, therefore he can layoff for a while, i don't know

But one thing is for sure Pep wont swallow that attitude and will be demanding Mahrez produces what we see on those highlights every week
He already proved he could do it consistently over a season in a far inferior team to this one. If you're talking about here then I'd say any inconsistency last season was largely down to being new to the team and never being getting a run of games. Now he's getting that, we're starting to see both the quality and the consistency.

I can't think of one player who performs to a world class level every single week. Even KDB has off games so I'm not quite sure why he's held to such a high standard.

Not really, I see you trying to get a comment but I will not bite.

Fans can do what they want. If they see a player as being poor they can say so.

Some loon says you not a city fan if you question a player..

The essence of the question was not really about judging players performance. Maybe I am wrong asking it here and this is not the right platform for it. Let's leave at that.

Took his first goal really well. Finding his form and performing well week in, week out. An absolute baller.

Think the level that he and Sterling are at will mean Sane's replacement will likely be another prospect type - similar to when we bought Leroy - as opposed to an established world class player. IMO based on current form Mahrez has to be the first winger on the team sheet.

Probably the winner of most improved player so far this season. He's certainly impressed me in recent weeks.

Didn't think I'd ever say this but the worst thing we could do now would be to put him behind Sane when he's fit, he's relatively on fire & Sane is looking more & more likely ti be buggering off to Germany.

Played great. Did mess up 2 easy counter where he took too long to make the square pass. 1st counter he took to long and it got blocked. While the 2nd he held the ball too long and passed it too late to Jesus(?) on the left instead of Aguero on his right. both would have result in at least a shot if it was Sane on the counter instead.

Needs to work on this. But has been scoring for fun and should keep his spot.

Took his first goal really well. Finding his form and performing well week in, week out. An absolute baller.

Think the level that he and Sterling are at will mean Sane's replacement will likely be another prospect type - similar to when we bought Leroy - as opposed to an established world class player. IMO based on current form Mahrez has to be the first winger on the team sheet.

Hope not if/when Leroy leaves we need a top class left sided forward

Is it prejudice because someone doesn’t like a style of a player? I have never liked his style of play. I have seen other players with similar style, and I didn’t like their style as well. So, this is considered prejudice now?
Bro. I got you. We all like what we like. That's preference. And a matter of taste. For example, I hate Neymar's style. The showboating, over-dribbling, diving, overreacting. All turns me off to him in the end. I won't even rank him in my personal top 5.

Now it's one thing for me to say I don't like his style (that's a matter of preference), it's something else to say PSG is better without him ( that's a matter of fact.) And it's wrong.

City if NOT fucking better without the ONLY over 20 goals and 20 assists producer the last 2 seasons.

There is preference and there is fact. You can have your preference but you can't have your own facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.