John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones has to prove himself against the top clubs, not cannon fodder like Villa yesterday

He has the rest of the season to prove doubters wrong about him now - and i will admit i am currently one of the doubters
Like Liverpool home and away last season, Chelsea at home this season?

Played well yesterday. I'd put him in the team again for Palace on Saturday and try to get some form built up with a run of games.
Him & Laporte last season looked briefly like a partnership & then shit happened & it was gone , he maybe a great player but he needs a Kompany or Laporte alongside him , no doubt .

Him & Laporte last season looked briefly like a partnership & then shit happened & it was gone , he maybe a great player but he needs a Kompany or Laporte alongside him , no doubt .

Absolutely. Not only are we getting our best CB back, he's going to elevate the play of whomever he's partnered with. I think for the time being the preferred partnership will be Laporte-Ferna but I would assume if he can regain his form that Stones will still be ahead of Garcia and Otamendi. I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities for Ferna to get a few games in midfield again if we're resting Rodri, once the team is back to fully fit. We'll at least have that as an option, otherwise it will be Ilkay spelling Rodri.

Absolutely. Not only are we getting our best CB back, he's going to elevate the play of whomever he's partnered with. I think for the time being the preferred partnership will be Laporte-Ferna but I would assume if he can regain his form that Stones will still be ahead of Garcia and Otamendi. I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities for Ferna to get a few games in midfield again if we're resting Rodri, once the team is back to fully fit. We'll at least have that as an option, otherwise it will be Ilkay spelling Rodri.
I’ve a feeling we won’t see Fernandinho in midfield again , he’s done well as a centre half ...well better than well but we’re trying out another style now with Rodri there, btw some of us still yearn for the NDJ days , lol , we move on and create another way of winning .

I’ve a feeling we won’t see Fernandinho in midfield again , he’s done well as a centre half ...well better than well but we’re trying out another style now with Rodri there, btw some of us still yearn for the NDJ days , lol , we move on and create another way of winning .

More likely to see Fernandinho at LB than defensive midfield in the future.

He needs to manage the rest of the season without another injury or he deserves to be shipped out. He currently isn't performing well enough to justify Kompany-like treatment of keeping him around for 15 games a season when he is fit.

In a dream world him and Laporte get back their partnership and we end the season with a really good run of clean sheets. Then in summer we can ship out Otamendi and get in a promising 22/23 year old to challenge Stones.

However is it okay to like NDJ and GB because I like players who play with a bit of c*** in them.

Dinho is not going back in midfield if rodders and gundy is fit,pep keeps being asked about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.