#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling now knows he can be replaced if he doesn't perform.

I really don't understand comments like these.

Pep knows, like I imagine his entire staff and the team know, that Sterling carried us through the first few months of the season, when Aguero, Mahrez, Bernardo were out of form and Sané was injured. Playing every single game, putting up goals and assists and winning us games.

Now everyone's fit, no one is sending Sterling the message that he can be replaced, they're probably telling him to take a break now everyone else has caught up, and get ready and fit for March/April/May.

He's got 26 goals and assists in 30 games, despite looking dead on his feet since before Christmas, and you're talking about getting replaced if he doesn't perform?

It's a joke.

Having a much needed break. A good time for those who have played a lot to be rested and returning players to find form. If we can get Laporte and Sane a few games before Real then our squad will be in incredible shape. De Bruyne is the other man we need to manage, and Pep continues to do that when he can.

Ederson
Walker
Laporte
Ferny
Mendy
Rodri
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Sterling
Mahrez
Aguero
Bravo
Otamendi
Cancelo
Foden
Silva
Jesus
Sane
Gundogan
Zinchenko
Stones

Take that squad into CL (pick from it first) and with league title beyond us but top 4 easily achievable we can build for CL.

Pep has been testing formations and lineups and rotating and I think he most certainly considers the league to be lowest priority now. Remaining in cups and targetting CL win is the ambition.

Pep knows, like I imagine his entire staff and the team know, that Sterling carried us through the first few months of the season, when Aguero, Mahrez, Bernardo were out of form and Sané was injured. Playing every single game, putting up goals and assists and winning us games.

Now everyone's fit, no one is sending Sterling the message that he can be replaced, they're probably telling him to take a break now everyone else has caught up, and get ready and fit for March/April/May.

He's got 26 goals and assists in 30 games, despite looking dead on his feet since before Christmas, and you're talking about getting replaced if he doesn't perform?

It's a joke.

Hope he is just tired and not just very predictable when on the left. It’s good to see we have another very good option to play on the left in Jesus anyway. Over to Sterling now rediscover his form.

Should play against Palace, I don't want him to have too much time off, but he has had enough time that hopefully he can focus properly for palace.

I think if we bring him back Pep should continue letting him play the role where Mendy is out wide and Sterling can come inside, Jesus did a fantastic job and Sterling now knows he can be replaced if he doesn't perform.
From that Performace against Palace, there is nobody in that 11 that should be dropped for an underperforming Sterling. Would just be unfair

It's a joke.
Carried us through the first few months?

Sterking has played well in three games he’s started in all season: West Ham, Spurs and Villa... then a great sub appearance against Atalanta.

Other than that I think he’s struggled in all aspects of his game apart from his goal scoring. His general play has been poor since the start of September onwards.

Carried us through the first few months?

Sterking has played well in three games he’s started in all season: West Ham, Spurs and Villa... then a great sub appearance against Atalanta.

Other than that I think he’s struggled in all aspects of his game apart from his goal scoring. His general play has been poor since the start of September onwards.
He would have got a break had sane been fit,he couldn't because he was the only one who pep wanted to play on the left,he needed resting,he has continued to score whilst tired,he has done ok

It's a joke.
He did very well at the start of the season, no doubt, but has been out of form for many months (atleast 3 imo). I'm not going to ignore that just because people like Sterling, I'm being unbiased.

His numbers when in form have been great, but also he was very involved in our attack in general and more consistent. When out of form, he would score a goal now and then to make his stats look good, but in reality he has had many games where he as been wasteful and poor overall, nothing about work rate which he is good at.

I'm not attacking Sterling, but perhaps knowing his position is under no threat made him relaxed and is an added cause to his performances. Who knows. He has played alot for sure, he is getting rest, hopefully his form comes back but hard to tell, many variables could be at play.

But with Jesus very clearly able to perform there maybe it adds an impetus. Don't be reactionary "I really don't understand comments like these" Come on, you don't agree with my comment thats fine, to not be able to understand this is very odd to me.

Last edited:
He did very well at the start of the season, no doubt, but has been out of form for many months (atleast 3 imo). I'm not going to ignore that just because people like Sterling, I'm being unbiased.

His numbers when in form have been great, but also he was very involved in our attack in general and more consistent. When out of form, he would score a goal now and then to make his stats look good, but in reality he has had many games where he as been wasteful and poor overall, nothing about work rate which he is good at.

I'm not attacking Sterling, but perhaps knowing his position is under no threat made him relaxed and is an added cause to his performances. Who knows.

But with Jesus very clearly able to perform there maybe it adds an impetus. Don't be reactionary "I really don't understand comments like these" Come on, you don't agree with my comment thats fine, to not be able to understand this is very odd to me.

Sorry, I'll rephrase.

I don't understand how any City fan can be stupid enough to think Raheem Sterling, who has 109 goals and assists in his last 121 games for Manchester City needs to worry about being replaced because some of his teammates picked up some slack when he was finally rested.

His position is not under threat. He'll get rested and rotated out of the team like Bernardo was when he was knackered, and then he'll come back and be the first name on the team sheet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.