Aston Villa (A) Post-Match Thread

We were magnificent but Villa were woeful, hardly surprising given their injury list. After we went 2-0 up you could see their terror whenever they had the ball, they knew one mistake and we would open them up again. When our top players are on song not many teams would live with us.

Think I will watch the game again - I must be loosing it. I thought I saw David hardly give the ball away, always available, got the block on Drinkwater for the second and fed Sergio for one of his goals.

Nah, must of imagined it.

Remember that Arsenal game well, probably the finest exhibition of total football I have ever seen from an away team watching City.

It was indeed but Stuart Taylor, later to be at City, was in goal for Arse that day and pulled off some incredible saves to prevent us scoring a few ourselves

Great away win. Charlie Nicolas predicted 0-5 on sky sports. Thought he was nuts, thought Villa would have put up more of a fight! But wow, what a game from us. And for the 2nd time this season we’ve played like that without Sterling on the pitch. We play a different kind of better without him.

This is City's best period of the season... 9 wins from the last 10 games in all comps, and the 10th game was the VAR inspired defeat at Wolves.

Stones is back, Laporte is close to a first team return with Sane to follow.

This is City's best period of the season... 9 wins from the last 10 games in all comps, and the 10th game was the VAR inspired defeat at Wolves.

Stones is back, Laporte is close to a first team return with Sane to follow.
Correct as VAR should have ruled out their goal for the foul on Mendy

We looked quick and energtic which is great to see after the festive period. If we can get Laporte and Sane back playing and in form and combine with our mojo returning, for once we can actually concentrate on the chumps league as the prem is so far away at the moment. Few additions over summer and getting our title back next year will wipe the smiles off the scouse faces. Can't win it every year so let's push for the CL and this can still be a great season.

We looked quick and energtic which is great to see after the festive period. If we can get Laporte and Sane back playing and in form and combine with our mojo returning, for once we can actually concentrate on the chumps league as the prem is so far away at the moment. Few additions over summer and getting our title back next year will wipe the smiles off the scouse faces. Can't win it every year so let's push for the CL and this can still be a great season.
We’re not winning the league again mate while VAR is operating

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.