Would you like a big house ?

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Or are you happier in a small house.
3 years ago I lived in a 4000 square foot house on 2 acres of land.
At first I loved it all that space, huge shed, lots of grass trees etcetera.
But then after a couple of years I began to get fed up with it, constantly mowing, weeding grass, trees falling over, gutters full of leaves, cleaning the house was huge, rooms that you only walked past and never used, it all seemed so silly and the cost of it was quite big I had a $5,000 ride on mower, I had all kinds of equipments and we had tons of furniture, ornaments, books and shit to fill the house.
My weekends were devoted to house and yard work.
So after living there for 5 years we sold up had a huge garage sale, and donated loads of stuff to the Salvation army, and downsized to an apartment where we live now.
The apartments isn't big and has 2 bedrooms and to tell you the truth I've never been happier, 90% of our possessions have gone and we just have the things that we actually need.
Sometimes I drive past big homes on acreage and think 'yeah that looks nice but in reality I wouldn't want to live there'.

I live in a small one and a half bedroom flat on the first floor. We have a communal garden that I don’t have to tend to.

I don’t know why I’d need anymore space. Everything I own fits into my flat with ease. It’d just be a waste. Me, my bed and my sofa would be the same size no matter what size my gaff was so I’m alright in the small flat.

I live in a small one and a half bedroom flat on the first floor. We have a communal garden that I don’t have to tend to.

I don’t know why I’d need anymore space. Everything I own fits into my flat with ease. It’d just be a waste. Me, my bed and my sofa would be the same size no matter what size my gaff was so I’m alright in the small flat.
Yeah exactly this, I found myself using the room where my telly was and that was the only room I ever sat in lol.
It's great now having no gardening to do no chainsaws required or lawn mowers.
Big houses are extremely overrated though you'd never know this till you live in one.

I've built lots of big houses (up to 14000sq ft) and they're an awful waste of everything, most of them are second or third homes for super rich people. I built a small efficient house for the wife and myself and it's all I need. I now look for small energy efficient houses to build or remodel old ones

Our 2 bed flat sits in 15 hectares of prime communal gardens with a babbling brook meandering through the middle. We have our gardens cut twice monthly and have a communal hall for meetings sing-songs and bingo. We also have french doors leading on to a minstrel balcony dressed in grade 3 artificial grass and plastic plants where we partake of Baileys over ice, eat sandwiches and watch the world go by. I am not cock waving but here are two pictures for your perusal. Mother said I had green fingers and I tend to agree. Smaller can be better.

IpAuXSE.jpg

eR93PgU.jpg

Last edited:
Our 2 bed flat sits in 15 hectares of prime communal gardens with a babbling brook meandering through the middle. We have our gardens cut twice monthly and have a communal hall for meetings sing-songs and bingo. We also have french doors leading on to a minstrel balcony dressed in grade 3 artificial grass and plastic plants where we partake of Baileys over ice, eat sandwiches and watch the world go by. I am not cock waving but here are two pictures for your perusal. Mother always said I had green fingers.

IpAuXSE.jpg

eR93PgU.jpg
Hahaha amusing post Bob.

Don't think much of your balcony furniture mate lol

Hahaha amusing post Bob.

Don't think much of your balcony furniture mate lol

Hand woven/artisan crafted from Japanese knot-weed grown in abundance from our river bank : p
Now might be a good time to alter the syntax on your thread title before every one wakes up. It's sloppy and totally out of character. Would you like and big house : /

If you continue to slag my wicker ... then I shall taunt you a second time.

4RwPNkK.gif

Last edited:
I've always said even if I had a £1 million budget I wouldn't want anything more than a very small, very simple one or two bed cottage, just as long as it was detached, VERY detached and sat in the middle of several dozen acres of it own land.

Got a little 2 bed semi detached man pad. I can only be in one room at a time so what is the point of anything bigger. Busy full time job so keeping it clean and neat and tidy is easy. Bills are cheap. Everything I need fits in it. Im not one for stuff either, only got what I need. Couldnt be arsed bothering with a big house, too much hassle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.