La Liga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Setien a popular choice amongst the cules?

All things considered, yes. Most, I believe, wanted him in June when Valverde was rumoured to be sacked but all we were hearing was Koeman or Martinez. More than wins/results, cules want to see the football they love and with Setien we are assured he will set them up to play this way. We'll see if the results back it up or if he has enough time to make the change but ultimately will be the transition until Xavi & Font arrive in the 2021 elections

Personally, I am thrilled. Quique is a Cruyff disciple, he's never had the sort of talent at his disposal that he has now - let's see what he does with it. Hope this means Puig is definitely going to be with the 1st team now

Reactions: Ric
Is Setien a popular choice amongst the cules?

His Las Palmas side played some of the most fun attacking football I've ever seen so I bet they cant wait.

Problem is that a bit like Bielsa his teams seem to get better and better until they implode about 18 months in.

I think they scored possibly the best goal I've seen live on TV

I’m guessing it will all end in tears, he still has some great players to work with but it’s a way bigger job than he has had before and at 61 and a “Cruyff disciple” it maybe a bridge to far. I hope not as I would rather see Barca win La Liga over Real Madrid.

Last edited:
I thought Xavi was in for it?

He gave a qualified no, as in not mid-season but that they could discuss in June. Xavi will become head coach of Barca, just not yet. As I have commented on before, there is politics involved here and Xavi (Along with most club legends) have distanced themselves from Bartomeu & the current board - he is tied to Victor Font's upcoming project for the Presidency of the club in 2021

When Setien came to learn from the best

Screen-Shot-2020-01-14-at-3-40-19-PM.png

Last edited:
Just watching Málaga game in hotel in Santa Pola,they just had goal disallowed (var) didn't realise they had it in La Liga 2nd Division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.