Crystal Palace (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the games against United and Villa, it looks to me like City are now, to use Pellegrini's parlance, in a "good moment" so I can - famous last words - see a fairly comfortable victory. Possibly 3-0.

Better without Sterling, something not right with him lately.
My uneducated guess says he's tired, physically and mentally. The altercation with Gomez the "straw that broke the camel's back".

It has been a while since we had so many players fit and performing, team selection is going to be a headache, it's going to be very hard to make it to the bench only let alone to start. Very nice problem for Pep to have though.
Aye. The squad that City have built is ridiculous. They win 6-1 on Sunday and the who's who of people missing from the first xi incl. Sane, Laporte, Sterling, Bernardo, Gundogan, Foden, Otamendi, Walker, Angelino and Zinchenko.

I’m all for Cancelo getting a run in the team, he put in his best City performance on Sunday, but there’s no way we don’t play Walker against Zaha’s pace and power. We have to understand the opposition!

Whilst I agree with the principle of playing walker to counter the threat of Zaha, The flip side of that is Zaha isn’t going to want to track back, Cancelo can force him to play the majority of the game in his own half where it’s going to be a lot tougher to offer a constant threat or he doesn’t do his defensive work and gives us the freedom of the right to exploit. For me Cancelo needs a second game on the bounce and walker can come back in for Sheffield Utd

No fixture midweek. Is this another winter break?

Looks like it.Apparently Pep has given them a morning off this week.
Hopefully we can continue this fine form against the Palace. It'd be nice to get a clean sheet and a few goals.

This date was the first I looked for when the fixtures were announced. Why? Well, it is exactly 45 years to the day and date I first attended Maine Road. Beat the barcodes 5-1 (Hammond, Tueart 3 and Bell) Went to Wembley the following February, runners up the year later. What an absolutely wonderful journey it’s been. I truly mean that, the worse it got the more I loved City! When my life was shit, good old City made it worse! Ha ha ha.
They’ve left me gutted, despondent, without hope many many times. I almost cried when we beat Stoke in 2011 (I didn’t, I am a Manc not a mard arse!) I will raise a fair few on Saturday regardless of the result, because they will always make me happy when skies are grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.