John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if there was any truth to this especially on a loan deal, if it was cash and we could get Koubily or whatever hes called from Napoli then i could understand it.

However to do this we would then need to offload another foreign player to make room in the squad.

Therefore i'm calling it a steaming pile of shite.

He's top drawer on his day (few and far between) but at the same time, injury prone and can be a liability too.

I just hope if he does move elsewhere, it doesn't come back to bite us in the face, as in Jerome Boateng.

I doubt this will happen, but if there is truth to Arsenal’s interest, then it does suggest Arteta is trying to exploit Pep’s opinion of John Stones. He will know very well where Pep sees John’s future.

I think we could loan him out.

Short term, over the winter break period. Arsenal is a good and loyal feeder club to us, and I feel we could do this for them to up their (likely) shattered moral.

I don’t think stones is the future for us, but if arsenal want him they should fully take the risk of whether he can sort himself out or not. Cough up or fuck off. Absolutely not a loan.

This is my thinking. I'd like to see him get one last chance this back half of the season with a run of games alongside Laporte. If we still don't think he's the long-term solution, try selling to Arsenal in the summer for £30m-£35m along with selling Otamendi. Head into next season with Laporte, new CB, Fernandinho, Garcia, and THB.

This is my thinking. I'd like to see him get one last chance this back half of the season with a run of games alongside Laporte. If we still don't think he's the long-term solution, try selling to Arsenal in the summer for £30m-£35m along with selling Otamendi. Head into next season with Laporte, new CB, Fernandinho, Garcia, and THB.

30m? Stones must be at least 70/80m in today's market, even with his injury record. Back-to-back champion, with multiple cup trophies to his name too, english (premium), entering his prime years, and must have at least 3 years left on contract.

Not that i think there is any truth whatsoever, but if we are talking hypotheticals, let at least the figures be sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.