Future Wingers

I’d take Rashford, always considered Martial to be more talented but changed my mind this season.

Richards even said he would score goals for fun at City.

Would never leave for us

Yeah good shout! Ismail Sarr is really fast and his decision making is impressive, not as good as Sane yet but then again the same can be said about most if not all young wingers out there at the moment. I would prefer if Leroy stays but if not then Sarr would be a good replacement, at 21 he is still a kid so Pep can work his magic on him.

If Pep is thinking long term (another 3- 4 year contract after 2021) then we would do all we can to retain Leroy, move Mahrez on while he still has value and get Sarr.

Mahrez, as good as he is, has been frustrating most times and he is losing pace at an alarming rate.

Bring Sarr and get rid of Mahrez? ... lol ... what don't we read on these threads ?! (even the Senegalese fanboys would be loling at this).

Bring Sarr and get rid of Mahrez? ... lol ... what don't we read on these threads ?! (even the Senegalese fanboys would be loling at this).

Yeah thinking long term, I would do that...unless you would rather have us go in for Sarr when he is 80million+.

Got to get them young, Bernando, Sane were all brought in young and for a reasonable amount. Mahrez still has some years in him and is a good player but he is losing pace at an alarming rate, he's style of play isn't like kdb or berny, he doesn't create as much chances, so like I said earlier on, he should be moved on soon (not right away obviously) while he still has value.

It could be Sarr, Chukwueze, Oyarzabal it doesn't matter as long as he is fast, young and can be developed then we should get him signed and move Mahrez on.

Yeah thinking long term, I would do that...unless you would rather have us go in for Sarr when he is 80million+.

Got to get them young, Bernando, Sane were all brought in young and for a reasonable amount. Mahrez still has some years in him and is a good player but he is losing pace at an alarming rate, he's style of play isn't like kdb or berny, he doesn't create as much chances, so like I said earlier on, he should be moved on soon (not right away obviously) while he still has value.

It could be Sarr, Chukwueze, Oyarzabal it doesn't matter as long as he is fast, young and can be developed then we should get him signed and move Mahrez on.
Mahrez is not "losing pace at an alarming rate" what is this from? He was never super fast, but his pace looks about the same as from Leicester.

Everything you say about Mahrez is just plain wrong, you have a clear bias against him. He creates and scores for us "at an alarming rate". He is one of our Big 4 players this season with over 1 goal contributions per 90 minutes in the league, the others are Aguero, Jesus and Kevin. Sterling, Bernardo and David are at around 0.67.

Getting young potential players is a good idea, I agree with that, but Riyad is still young enough to be with us for 4 more years atleast.

Different level of course but Roberts looked very good for Boro at the weekend so hope he can play against Spurs tonight. He definitely has ability and maybe he'll become more consistent but doubt it will be at City. Like the look of Braaf although I think he could become a tasty central striker if his development continues

We should go all in to raid Lyon of Cherki born 2003. Apparently the biggest french talent since Mbappe, and plays striker/winger/attacking mid. He reminds me a lot of two footed Hazard. He looks absolute mental for a 16 year old. Only thing is that he's actually already signed a proffesional contract and plays the occational match for their first team, so we'd have to pay a lot.

edit: A quick google shows that we're already linked to him since the beginning of December

We should go all in to raid Lyon of Cherki born 2003. Apparently the biggest french talent since Mbappe, and plays striker/winger/attacking mid. He reminds me a lot of two footed Hazard. He looks absolute mental for a 16 year old. Only thing is that he's actually already signed a proffesional contract and plays the occational match for their first team, so we'd have to pay a lot.

edit: A quick google shows that we're already linked to him since the beginning of December

Be incredibly difficult to integrate a 16 year old into the team when we can't give Foden as much game time as we'd like. Would imagine we'd loan him out for a couple of years.

Be incredibly difficult to integrate a 16 year old into the team when we can't give Foden as much game time as we'd like. Would imagine we'd loan him out for a couple of years.
If we get him in the summer Foden will take over from David Silva. And Cherki could rotate with Sterling at LW and Foden at left CM

He's very highly rated, depends on the money they'd want I guess. You seen much of Camavinga?
Not really, but I'd imagine he's definitely someone who would conflict with Foden's minutes given that they're both left footed CM's. However Camavinga is better defensively, could maybe do a job at CDM in a 433 or as one of the deeper mids in our new assymetrical 3 back formation

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.