Sir Aguero

Can you imagine VAR being used in that game against QPR in 2012. The crowd stood there in silence waiting for the decision. Doesn't that thought give every reason for it to be scrapped!!!

Or....if Sergio had gone down and Balo had lined up the pen.......

My football life goes back to the mid-late 50's, overwhelmingly more than just the Premier League era. I've seen Stanley Matthews, Jimmy Greaves, David Heard- all the great goal scorers from the past.
When you compare Sergio to all Division 1 players from the past he comes out EQUAL 1st with Greaves in terms of goals per matches (0.69 gpm).
Noticeable how many penalties are in Shearers total.https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_goalgetter/eng-premier-league/tore/1/

My football life goes back to the mid-late 50's, overwhelmingly more than just the Premier League era. I've seen Stanley Matthews, Jimmy Greaves, David Heard- all the great goal scorers from the past.
When you compare Sergio to all Division 1 players from the past he comes out EQUAL 1st with Greaves in terms of goals per matches (0.69 gpm).
Noticeable how many penalties are in Shearers total.https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_goalgetter/eng-premier-league/tore/1/
My old man always says Jimmy Greaves was the best striker he ever saw so for Sergio to be level with him speaks volumes

I voted for Sergio but taking off my blue tinted specs I's have to say Shearer is the best striker I've ever seen in my lifetime in the PL.

Shearer 52 PL penalties scored (missed 2) 20% of all his goals were pens (Another site says 61 and another says 58)

Sergio 26 PL penalties scored (4 missed) 14% were penalties
It is unbelievable that there are so many different figures for Shearer's PL penalties scored. Somebody out there must know what the correct figures is?

Sergio had a certain Yaya Toure & Mad Mario banging in penalty after penalty to contend with. Now with Gundogan in the side, who else should take a penalty if there’s a German on the pitch? Shearer was a brilliant player. Different styles of player both the very best at it.

You can bet VAR would've took their sweet time and made the delay as long as possible.
They could’ve delayed it for an hour and it wouldn’t have bothered Mario, he’d have strolled up and slotted a simple looking penalty in to the open net after the keeper had committed himself

Shearer 52 PL penalties scored (missed 2) 20% of all his goals were pens (Another site says 61 and another says 58)

Sergio 26 PL penalties scored (4 missed) 14% were penalties
I have checked all of Shearer's PL games (sad I know) and his total of penalties scored is actually 56. Where all the other figures come from I have no idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.