Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bench is strong as pointed out earlier, but also where he replaces is weird with the new systems in the team.

He can't replace Mendy anymore because we now use our LB to go wide, only Angelino is capable.

He doesn't play David or Kevin's role quite like them and is more defensive, so unless we play with a double pivot he cannot rotate in there.

The only other player to replace is Rodri as a single pivot, but Pep uses Gundogan there more (and he is really good at it).

He can played inverted LB, double pivot, or LCB in a back 3 from what I've seen. I think he plays (or makes the bench) if we use systems that use those more like 3-4-3.
I like him a lot, but really think he'll leave sooner or later. Like you say doesn't really fit anywhere as a regular and is too good to be a squad filler. For himself he needs to go somewhere to play week in week out. He's more than good enough to go to a team playing top 4 around Europe and nail down a midfield place.

I like him a lot, but really think he'll leave sooner or later. Like you say doesn't really fit anywhere as a regular and is too good to be a squad filler. For himself he needs to go somewhere to play week in week out. He's more than good enough to go to a team playing top 4 around Europe and nail down a midfield place.
I like that he can play a few positions, but your right, ultimately he will find himself as a squad player.

Now I'd still like to keep him because he has time on his side, with David gone and Gundogan being 6 years older I think his abilities will be needed.

I really liked our 3-4-3 also, for which I think he can also play the LCM role as well as the LCB role.

Oddly with the addition of Cancelo, Zinch finds himself the odd man out. Pep usually wants one of the fullbacks to invert. Now Cancelo can do that on the right while Mendy is the one that creates width on the left. Cancelo inverts like a 2nd holding midfielder, but also is better at going forward when needed to aid in the attack and has more pace to get back in counter attacking situations then Zinch. I love Zinch but he still is a midfielder playing LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.