Would you like a big house ?

Halifax is great and an hour from the Etihad!

My wife and I had season cards when we lived in Norwich, try that round trip!
I do it from Edinburgh but I concede Norwich must be worse. Btw I know Halifax well and I would call it lots of things but great? The people are pretty ok in the main. Will give you that :-)

I live at home with Mrs Baja and our 3 teenage daughters in North Wales. Our house isn't huge, but has a lot of rooms, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and so on. Trouble is we have about 3 acres and as someone mentioned earlier, that is just constant work. I am just waiting for the day when all the girls have left home and I am going to have a flat right in the middle of Chester. Mrs Baja doesn't fancy that but there are lots of good caravan sites for her close to here....

Stayed in a few static caravans for a week or so and often thought you don't need the big house, three bedrooms (1 on suite),toilet/shower, kitchen area and lounge all fitted into about 36 X 12 foot or their about.

I live at home with Mrs Baja and our 3 teenage daughters in North Wales. Our house isn't huge, but has a lot of rooms, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and so on. Trouble is we have about 3 acres and as someone mentioned earlier, that is just constant work. I am just waiting for the day when all the girls have left home and I am going to have a flat right in the middle of Chester. Mrs Baja doesn't fancy that but there are lots of good caravan sites for her close to here....
Middle of Chester eh??, pissed up students through the week, pissed up every fucker at the weekend, Stay where you are mate, much better

Big houses, land, swimming pools etc are overrated. Probably spent 10x the time cleaning pools than actually swimming in one but its a very British thing to do though when first moving abroad. Downsizing also stops unwanted family members coming to visit.
Would love an indoor swimming pool. Think it'd be easily used twice daily most days. Would be so nice to wake up, have a swim, head to work, come home and have a chill in the pool.

No interest in a massive house though; would prefer to have a small-medium sized house done up nicely.

Not quite worked out how I'm going to achieve these two goals together as they don't often go hand in hand, but for now I'll just earn the money before figuring out those issues.

Would love an indoor swimming pool. Think it'd be easily used twice daily most days. Would be so nice to wake up, have a swim, head to work, come home and have a chill in the pool.

No interest in a massive house though; would prefer to have a small-medium sized house done up nicely.

Not quite worked out how I'm going to achieve these two goals together as they don't often go hand in hand, but for now I'll just earn the money before figuring out those issues.

How can I break this to you gently, most people have an indoor pool, it's called a bath.

I made a NY Resolution to throw away/give away 365 possessions this year. So on 31 Jan I will make a pile of 31 things I own and chuck 'em out. No doubt I will buy about 50 things this year so I will end up with a house/garage 315 items lighter at the year end.
I'd urge you to recycle mate.
Either donate to charity or sell items very cheap so they can be reused.
Garage sales Work well.

Exactly what me and the mrs were talking about last week mate ,we live in a big house now and there is only me and her in it after the kids have gone their own ways it is a big upkeep and and are going to look for something a lot smaller
Good idea mate, everything is cheaper when you downsize, obviously heating and cooling but also things like insurance.

Unless you were a swimming freak it might get used for the first month then the novelty wears off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.