Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Not tax payers money the council generates a lot of money from various things - they own the Airport for a start. They get rent from City. It would be of a huge benefit to the city to pedestrianise Deansgate, It would be absolutely fantastic.

Walked down Deansgate the other night on the way to OT.

Was thinking about the the proposal to pedestrianize Deansgate, which has been rumbling on for years within the city council corridors.

As you say Worsley, it would be fantastic. Traffic free, tree lined, new paving, new seating, new landscaping, a couple of play areas for kids, a water feature, stand alone bars in the middle of Deansgate where people can have a drink, have some food, etc. The type of Ramblas you see all over Spain and the Med.

Walked past the GNW retail units. What a waste! The vast majority are estate agents, 1 kebab shop, 1 pawn broker, 1 clothes shop, 1 decent double unit furniture shop, 1 cafe bar, 1 restaurant, etc. A compete mish-mash of shops that don't complement each other, have no appeal, and don't attract footfall. With new Apartment towers and Hotels going up at the bottom of Deansgate, that retail offering needs to be drastically revised and changed, especially when Deansgate is pedestrianized.

Walked down Deansgate the other night on the way to OT.

Was thinking about the the proposal to pedestrianize Deansgate, which has been rumbling on for years within the city council corridors.

As you say Worsley, it would be fantastic. Traffic free, tree lined, new paving, new seating, new landscaping, a couple of play areas for kids, a water feature, stand alone bars in the middle of Deansgate where people can have a drink, have some food, etc. The type of Ramblas you see all over Spain and the Med.

Walked past the GNW retail units. What a waste! The vast majority are estate agents, 1 kebab shop, 1 pawn broker, 1 clothes shop, 1 decent double unit furniture shop, 1 cafe bar, 1 restaurant, etc. A compete mish-mash of shops that don't complement each other, have no appeal, and don't attract footfall. With new Apartment towers and Hotels going up at the bottom of Deansgate, that retail offering needs to be drastically revised and changed, especially when Deansgate is pedestrianized.

Or more hideous concrete - think Piccadilly gardens
and water features that never actually work - think Exchange square

The design phases are always brilliant, the reality a constant letdown.
Oxford road bus corridor looks wonderful on the digital promotion material - looks nothing like that in real life

Good, but before they do that, can they first go round and fix the water traps all across the City centre, the ones where you stand on a flagstone, and it wobbles and flushes the water all up your leg, Manchester must be one of the worst places in the world for this.

That is the councils latest attempt at a maintainable water feature. We just don't understand installation art

The 2018/19 railway station usage data came out today. The stats show a 24% increase for numbers using Ashburys (the nearest station to the Etihad).

The stats show very little change for the next stations along the line (Gorton, Guide Bridge).

Many stations in the north suffered falling numbers, presumably linked to well known service problems.

But Ashburys has done well so I wonder if this is a sign that more matchday fans are using the station? I used it a couple of months ago myself and I reckon there was at least 120 people boarding an east bound train but maybe only 20-30 heading back to Piccadilly

This all well and good. All this talk of infrastructure and stuff but what most fans want to know when are we making our ground bigger and more splendid then our rivals?

This all well and good. All this talk of infrastructure and stuff but what most fans want to know when are we making our ground bigger and more splendid then our rivals?

Go and ask the club. But your answer will be silence.

We'll all know when they are ready to go public on it.

We need to really get the expansion done while pep is here and the football is as beautiful as it is!

The 2018/19 railway station usage data came out today. The stats show a 24% increase for numbers using Ashburys (the nearest station to the Etihad).

The stats show very little change for the next stations along the line (Gorton, Guide Bridge).

Many stations in the north suffered falling numbers, presumably linked to well known service problems.

But Ashburys has done well so I wonder if this is a sign that more matchday fans are using the station? I used it a couple of months ago myself and I reckon there was at least 120 people boarding an east bound train but maybe only 20-30 heading back to Piccadilly
Ashburys station lovely 25 minutes walk in the rain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.