RIP Neil Peart

I'm surprised you find that top 4 surprising. I was a bit surprised they ranked Peart so high even though I think it's more than merited; the other three were as I predicted having seen the caption on a Tweet that Peart was number 4.

I know Baker more through reputation although I have some Cream and Blind Faith in my music collection and I even saw him play drums very briefly a couple of years ago. I am going to see the tribute show to him that Clapton has arranged next month. Anyway, I personally rate Peart more highly.

When it comes to Moon and Bonham, I'm not keen to try and place them in 1, 2, 3 order with Peart; although I usually say that Bonham is the greatest rock n roll drummer ever. As you mentioned, his kick drum work was exceptional and I'd say the best I've heard. He also developed a style that was all his own and he wasn't just about power, he could swing and get funky. Bonzo definitely had the best beats.

Peart was heavily influenced by Moon and they are more obviously spectacular drummers. Moon was incredible, truly gifted. Peart took the sort of thing he was doing and refined it.

Whether Bonham, Moon and Peart are the three greatest drummers of all time doesn't much matter to me but they are my favourite three.

I’m with you on Peart and Bonham OB1 but not Moon. I’ve never been much of a Who fan and it maybe that I’ve listened to the other two more closely.

Could somebody please print the text from The Telegraph's article, by some fella called .
Ian Winwood
It's hidden behind a paywall.

Thanks in advance

This is the last Time I saw them. 2003, Rush, ac/dc, the guess who, the stones among others. half a million people there with the proceeds going to help SARS.

Looks a bit special. Did they only do a short set that day?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.