David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I love Dave nearly as much as my kids but I want to see him influencing the game from the bench now, Bernie would have ripped Villa apart today with that amount of ball.
David is a rhythm player. That is his opinion.

So to get the best out of him he has always had to play regularly as a starter, never has been a bench player. His influence off the bench would be useful in situations where we need to keep the ball better but that is it. Not likely to have an impact.

Whether he should be starting is a matter of opinion of course.

Happy 2020 to everyone!

Provided PL assist no. 21 for Sergio today, what a pair of legends - behind only Lampard to Drogba (23) in the PL record list, there's still time...
Would be interesting to know the number of David's assists to the assist for Sergio's goals. Feels like that might be even more impressive.

David is a rhythm player. That is his opinion.

So to get the best out of him he has always had to play regularly as a starter, never has been a bench player. His influence off the bench would be useful in situations where we need to keep the ball better but that is it. Not likely to have an impact.

Whether he should be starting is a matter of opinion of course.

Happy 2020 to everyone!
Think thats accurate comment.
Against Napoli away a few years ago (champs league)he came on as sub..we had played a breath taking lightning quick counter attack game...City looked superb....but Silvas ball retention skills were a welcome addition as the home team upped the ante towards the end.

Compare with Spurs at home this season,came on as sub and was virtually ineffective.

Sundays performance by the whole team was ,in parts sublime.I was so proud watching my team play football with such classy precision...and Silva oozed class.The old Silva- Augero axis of Evil was back,in full swing.Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.