Var debate 2019/20

An obvious bad decision that Liverpool have benefitted from this season (excluding the City match for simplicity) was van Dijk's charge in the back of Calvert-Lewin (I think), in the derby. That looked to be a clear foul, but wasn't given.

My recollection (which may be faulty) was it was inside the area (certainly close), and there was no attempt to play the ball which makes it a red card opportunity.

I agree with this, I was very very surprised nothing was given for this one. That's definitely a decision that we benefited from. I feel Robertson could easily be sent off in that game as well, if I am remembering correctly.

I mean, you can literally see his foot being stood on in that video? I am not sure what I am supposed to say? It's quite clear in the video, lol... you can see Albrighton pull it away as soon as he's realised he's done it too.

Edit: I really don't understand how anyone can watch this video and say his foot wasn't stood on. It's pretty frustrating trying to have a debate with people who are purposely turning a blind eye to what is very easy to see.
Just looks like his foot is next to Mane's in that video, have you got another angle somewhere?

An obvious bad decision that Liverpool have benefitted from this season (excluding the City match for simplicity) was van Dijk's charge in the back of Calvert-Lewin (I think), in the derby. That looked to be a clear foul, but wasn't given.

My recollection (which may be faulty) was it was inside the area (certainly close), and there was no attempt to play the ball which makes it a red card opportunity.
That was the same in their game against Palace, after Palace had a goal disallowed for a Lovren dive Van Dyjk then went through the back of the Palace player and bundled the ball into the net.

That was the same in their game against Palace, after Palace had a goal disallowed for a Lovren dive Van Dyjk then went through the back of the Palace player and bundled the ball into the net.

Why is it always a dive when it is a Liverpool player? It's pretty clear that Lovren was pushed. I'm finding that it's impossible to have rational debates in this thread, so I'm out, lol.

I mean, you can literally see his foot being stood on in that video? I am not sure what I am supposed to say? It's quite clear in the video, lol... you can see Albrighton pull it away as soon as he's realised he's done it too.

Edit: I really don't understand how anyone can watch this video and say his foot wasn't stood on. It's pretty frustrating trying to have a debate with people who are purposely turning a blind eye to what is very easy to see.
WOW! Just errrrrrr...... WOW!

Your frustration isn't even close to what I'm feeling. I hadn't realised that the line from "live forever" was written about the viewpoint/perspective of Livarpool fans.

"CLEARLY" you say?

Just.... WOW!

Here endeth the dscussion

You can see quite clearly in the thumbnail that isn't the case.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cDimfG0HHAo/maxresdefault.jpg
I'm not too sure there, it looks like you can still see all of Mane's boot and the slight bit of contact is in the back of his shin. He may have had his foot stood on slightly but he then carried on before throwing himself over which is what my argument is, he could be should have carried on as he still had control of the ball but his first option is to go over unnecessarily. That was possibly a penalty and possibly a dive but VAR gives it as the player fell over, he didn't fall over because of the contact he fell over because he decided to, the same with Mahrez. That's where VAR isn't working, it's making sure that players have to go over to get a decision but if you play on, like Silva did then you won't get it. This disproportionately rewards teams who have made diving part of their playing style (like Liverpool have under your last two managers).

Why is it always a dive when it is a Liverpool player? It's pretty clear that Lovren was pushed. I'm finding that it's impossible to have rational debates in this thread, so I'm out, lol.
Because that kind of minimal contact happens at 99% of corners but only once have I seen a player crumple like that and then have a goal disallowed.

I agree with this, I was very very surprised nothing was given for this one. That's definitely a decision that we benefited from. I feel Robertson could easily be sent off in that game as well, if I am remembering correctly.

Yep, inexplicable as to how that's not given by anyone competent.
Robertson's was standing on someone or an elbow, wasn't it? I'd forgotten that, bar a general impression that Robertson's got away with some!

Not everything is VAR, some is just the basic reffing. The lack of transparency is astonishing, and feeds the doubt.
Oliver reffed the Liverpool-City match - it was reported that the club had complained; since then he's only featured for City as VAR vs Utd (when he couldn't see handball by Fred). 10 matches without reffing City, and add the two in the next week. That looks like persona non grata, which must be sanctioned by the ref appointment team - why would that happen if City's complaint had no basis? But Oliver has no sanction against himself. It can't really be both - either there was incompetence and a sanction should come, or he should have reffed City in that time.

Do you think Van Dyjk fouled the defender in the goal you scored there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.