Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter whether his value is written into the accounts. If he doesn't sign I can't see the club turning down £70/80 million pounds. that becomes nothing 12 momths later on a player that doesn't wanyt to be with us. We made £10 mill profit last year , we aren't in a position to waste £80 million that could be spent on a replacement, and we won't.

Only assuming he does actually want to go there.

Only assuming he does actually want to go there.
Yes, but the club will have a pretty good idea of that now and won't risk losing a fee this summer if they are sure he does. None of us have any idea but we'll see as the season ends quite quickly one way or the other.

Yes, but the club will have a pretty good idea of that now and won't risk losing a fee this summer if they are sure he does. None of us have any idea but we'll see as the season ends quite quickly one way or the other.

To be fair, my response was to the post that asked if we should chain him to the cycle racks till his contract expires.

I agree, the club will sell if that is best, and the right valuation is met, and he wants to go.

If not, then he stays and plays, till he goes. That's Bayern's risk and decision to make.

It doesn't matter whether his value is written into the accounts. If he doesn't sign I can't see the club turning down £70/80 million pounds. that becomes nothing 12 momths later on a player that doesn't wanyt to be with us. We made £10 mill profit last year , we aren't in a position to waste £80 million that could be spent on a replacement, and we won't.
Agreed. If they offer £70m we'll take it, and rightly so. Leroy is out injured for six months and all of a sudden he's Lionel Messi to some posters. He's a very good player, but replaceable, and if he doesn't want to be here, we will replace him. Making him stay an extra twelve months because some people don't like Bayern Munich (so he can go there for free at the conclusion of his contract) is really dumb and isn't how we operate at all.

Also, saying his value is "written into the accounts" as if that is going to influence what we do is missing the point. It doesn't matter what his value is for accountancy purposes, in the real world he's an asset worth £60-70m+ and there's no way we're letting that depreciate to zero without cashing in.

Last edited:
As I’ve said a few times. His value is written down in our accounts. He stays until Summer 2021 and as you say contributes. We then let the auction begin in January next year - where Bayern will likely lose out to Juventus or Real - who will blow Bayern’s wage offer out of the water. The only way this changes is if Bayern offer the full value in the summer circa £100m. Bayern do not hold all the cards and after their behaviour towards us in recent years I hope the club does all it can to keep Sane out of their tax dodging clutches.
They might if Leroy only wants Bayern

If they offer £70m we'll take it, and rightly so. Leroy is out injured for six months and all of a sudden he's Lionel Messi to some posters. He's a very good player, but replaceable, and if he doesn't want to be here, we will replace him. Making him stay an extra twelve months because some people don't like Bayern Munich (so he can go there for free at the conclusion of his contract) is really dumb and isn't how we operate at all.

Also, saying his value is "written into the accounts" as if that is going to influence what we do is missing the point. It doesn't matter what his value is for accountancy purposes, in the real world he's an asset worth £60-70m+ and there's no way we're letting that depreciate to zero without cashing in.

If you do not rate Sane so be it, but Sane is Germany`s best winger and one of the best in the world, how much did Coutinho cost Barca? how much is the clause on him now £ 120 million do you really think Bayern want him? your view that he is worth less than Maguire is quite simply dumb, As for Sane going on a free after seeing his contract out is highly unlikely, and that is the only conclusion that can be made as he has not asked for a transfer, but that is unlikely as 1,1/2 years is an awfully long time to a youngster especially as it would be his prime, and even then he could sign a new contract and then ask for a transfer, do you think Pep would keep him

If you do not rate Sane so be it, but Sane is Germany`s best winger and one of the best in the world, how much did Coutinho cost Barca? how much is the clause on him now £ 120 million do you really think Bayern want him? your view that he is worth less than Maguire is quite simply dumb, As for Sane going on a free after seeing his contract out is highly unlikely, and that is the only conclusion that can be made as he has not asked for a transfer, but that is unlikely as 1,1/2 years is an awfully long time to a youngster especially as it would be his prime, and even then he could sign a new contract and then ask for a transfer, do you think Pep would keep him
Where did I say I don't rate Sane? Of course I do, I love the guy, but given his contract situation and the fact that I don't think he's actually going to play that much this season I think £60-70m is about what we can expect for him this summer. The only variable is the Euros but it wouldn't shock if the deal is done before that either. We'll see soon enough, I'd love to be proven totally wrong.

Fair do, but on price we have 2 examples Magiure a defender and generally cheaper but English going to English, and Coutinho who Bayern have paid to take on loan and agreed to take at over a 100 million, but Sane leaving is for me unlikely, if he wanted to leave he could ask, Bayern have tried to get him to do just that, and that would lower his price and probably increase his wages,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.