Cambodia or Vietnam? Or both ??

Overall, I preferred Vietnam, but my favourite place was Koh Rong Samloem in Cambodia. Paradise, so tranquil if you want to chill on a beach for a few days. But Vietnam has more to it. I did Hanoi, Sapa, Halong Bay, Hue, Phong Nha National Park, Hoi An, Mui Ne, Dalat, HCMC, Mekong Delta and Phu Quoc island.

Was really thinking about koh rong samloem then onto Phu Quoc if feasible

Was really thinking about koh rong samloem then onto Phu Quoc if feasible
Yeah, it’s feasible. My travels were about 5 years ago now, but from memory, I went from Phu Quoc (last stop on my Vietnam journey), into Cambodia stayed in Kampot/Kep for a few days then on to Otres beach a bit further along from Sihanoukville, as I’d been told to avoid there. So only went into Sihanoukville to get on the boat to Koh Rong Samloem. There’s the larger Koh Rong, which is the place to be for nightlife. But that’s not really me, so I chilled on Koh Rong Samloem.

I should add, I was backpacking. Are you also, or a bit more upmarket? :)

Yeah, it’s feasible. My travels were about 5 years ago now, but from memory, I went from Phu Quoc (last stop on my Vietnam journey), into Cambodia stayed in Kampot/Kep for a few days then on to Otres beach a bit further along from Sihanoukville, as I’d been told to avoid there. So only went into Sihanoukville to get on the boat to Koh Rong Samloem. There’s the larger Koh Rong, which is the place to be for nightlife. But that’s not really me, so I chilled on Koh Rong Samloem.

I should add, I was backpacking. Are you also, or a bit more upmarket? :)

I will be FLASHPACKING ha ha too old not to have some comfort

Bloody hell that looks incredible, I want some of that.

I think I've made my decision that my 'big holiday' in 2021 will be Cambodia and Vietnam; 2 countries that have been on the agenda for a while.
Angkor Wat (complete tourist trap I know but when in Rome and all that), Koh Rong Samloem, Phu Quoc and Ho Chi Minh City.

Angkor Wat (complete tourist trap I know.
Nah, it's possibly the best temple complex in the world. Absolutely huge. I spent 2 days looking around it and didn't see everything. What is a tourist trap is the floating market/village. There are a number of well-known scams involved to the point that we didn't bother going and took a day trip to Beng Mealea instead (well worth a visit back in 2012 - don't know if it's still off the beaten track).

I did Koh Rong once (next to Koh Rong Sanloem) which is a bit of a party island, but still with amazing beaches. If you want drinking, partying, weed and backpackers, then that's the one to go to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.