Status
Not open for further replies.
Played fine, love his heart,
but his angle was 100% wrong.

He didn't look too good in that moment
but we were standing high when Kev made a sloppy pass,
Rodri didn't want to take a 2nd yellow and decided to not track back,
Mendy and Gundy were too slow for the red pace
and then it was a difficult position for Ota and Fern.

I think if it wasn't 0-3 Nico would have taken the foul outside the box hoping it won't be red.

He doesn't get much love,i don't understand why people want him gone
A couple of days training and he was superb today

People are looking at him as long term and he is at the arse end of his career right now. He is still capable to have some good games but they are few and far between. We have had the best years out of him time to move him on get a fee before we have to let him go for free

People are looking at him as long term and he is at the arse end of his career right now. He is still capable to have some good games but they are few and far between. We have had the best years out of him time to move him on get a fee before we have to let him go for free
He's only 31, that's hardly the arse end of a career for a defender. The issue isn't that he's no good, it's that he's no good in our system. There's no premiership team he wouldn't start for apart from us and Liverpool.

He's only 31, that's hardly the arse end of a career for a defender. The issue isn't that he's no good, it's that he's no good in our system. There's no premiership team he wouldn't start for apart from us and Liverpool.

He would start for Arsenal, United, Everton, Sheffield United, Wolves and everyone 12th down.

I don't know if you're just trying to be funny, disrespectful, exaggerating because you're trying to make a point or if you're genuinely clueless, but Otamendi is a very good defender who earned his place in the best Premier League side in history despite being under a manager who exposes his CB's more than anyone else in the game, and plays to Otamendi's one major weakness, pace.

He's good on the ball by every standard except Pep's where he's just OK, he's brilliant in the air, his reading of the game is good, and his only mistakes come when he knows he's fucked for pace and playing in the highest defensive line in Europe.

He's also, as Pep has said, an absolute warrior who plays through knocks, broken fingers, fatigue whenever we need him. Also he knows he's in a system which exposes his weaknesses, but he still commits to it 100% because it's better for the team.

Not a world class defender, but a good servant who's got his place in City history for his contributions to our 2 greatest seasons, and @Karen's right, he doesn't deserve the amount of shit he's been getting for the past 9-12 months.

Last edited:
He would start for Arsenal, United, Everton, Sheffield United, Wolves and everyone 12th down.
That's exactly what I said (except I said I thought he would start for Leicester and Chelsea, too). He's been a great servant to the club. I was disagreeing with the post saying he was finished. Perhaps you replied to the wrong post?

That's exactly what I said (except I said I thought he would start for Leicester and Chelsea, too). He's been a great servant to the club. I was disagreeing with the post saying he was finished. Perhaps you replied to the wrong post?
Double negatives are a minefield ;)

Rather have this guy every time than John Stones ! Mendy, Cancelo and even Gundogan more of a problem in terms of performances and consistency although the latter is now doing a lot better. He definitely gets unfairly criticised

Sorry I feel like I've had a stroke, I obviously completely misread your comment somehow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.