Crystal Palace (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what I thought. Who City haven't got on the pitch is as scary as who they have got on the pitch. Those first four alone, who would walk into absolutely any team's starting line-up in this country…
Liverpool have done the business, and that's not much arguing with it, VAR notwithstanding, but our squad is far, far better. I suppose that's why Klopp more or less throws the two domestic cup competitions.
I’m biased, but City are by far the better team and club. I’m what you’d call a mistrustful man and I don’t buy the hype of this Liverpool team. Like you say, VAR, plays an element but what baffles me is this: Liverpool have six players who are integral to the team: van Dijk, Robertson, Arnold and the front three. This bunch are rarely rested or rotated and in the space of a season and a half; are rarely injured if ever and don’t seem to lose stamina or speed playing a game that involves “gegenpressing”. My thoughts are Klopp and Liverpool are doping in some shape or form.

Or maybe they are just very able athletes who take care to live a lifestyle that is commensurate with such responsibility.
Without evidence that's a massive leap to come to that conclusion.

Always struggle to get nervous for a Saturday 3pm kick-off at home since we're normally so good at them. And unlike last season in the lead up to this fixture, we've actually been playing well lately. And perhaps the most significant difference between this year's fixture and last year's fixture: we won't be playing John Stones in midfield. They'll be organised but so long as our players turn up I think we should do alright.

After so many years of supporting City I don’t think I’ll ever get to the place where I’m confident we are 100% going to win!! Yes now & again I sort of feel confident but if I were a betting person I would never put a bet on us winning!!! Daft I know but it’s always there at the back of my mind!!

I’m biased, but City are by far the better team and club. I’m what you’d call a mistrustful man and I don’t buy the hype of this Liverpool team. Like you say, VAR, plays an element but what baffles me is this: Liverpool have six players who are integral to the team: van Dijk, Robertson, Arnold and the front three. This bunch are rarely rested or rotated and in the space of a season and a half; are rarely injured if ever and don’t seem to lose stamina or speed playing a game that involves “gegenpressing”. My thoughts are Klopp and Liverpool are doping in some shape or form.
People were saying that about us 2 seasons ago. They will hit a wall sooner or later. Sadly we are too far behind to take advantage of slip ups this campaign but next season we will. Anyway the pressure is off now in the league and I expect us to win this one pulling up. Big test this season will be Madrid get over that one and we can reach the final with a favourable draw.

People were saying that about us 2 seasons ago. They will hit a wall sooner or later. Sadly we are too far behind to take advantage of slip ups this campaign but next season we will. Anyway the pressure is off now in the league and I expect us to win this one pulling up. Big test this season will be Madrid get over that one and we can reach the final with a favourable draw.
Psychologically it’s a big test and like you say: pass that and it’s game on in the CL. Confidence is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.