Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

We had a system at work where you had to change your password every three months and could not reuse characters from your previous password. It had to have letters, numbers, and symbols. My roommate could never remember his password so he wrote it down on a piece of paper and put it under his keyboard. Try explaining that to an IT nerd you will be wasting your breath.

It did help sometimes. He was off sick and we needed to access his computer. I fixed it by looking under the keyboard! I hacked Ito his entire system in five minutes.

We now have a different system and while you still have to change the password every 90 days, you can use the core of the old password but amend the number within the password.
This has been known for years, so shocking advice.

We had a system at work where you had to change your password every three months and could not reuse characters from your previous password. It had to have letters, numbers, and symbols. My roommate could never remember his password so he wrote it down on a piece of paper and put it under his keyboard. Try explaining that to an IT nerd you will be wasting your breath.

It did help sometimes. He was off sick and we needed to access his computer. I fixed it by looking under the keyboard! I hacked Ito his entire system in five minutes.

We now have a different system and while you still have to change the password every 90 days, you can use the core of the old password but amend the number within the password.

My last company had rigorous security policies for passwords. I worked there thirteen years ago and my login still works. :)

It nerds seldom have the whole picture.

With regard to the press coverage, the reporting of the Leeds official who went over to Derby to watch and film? a Derby training session prior to a game certainly had more coverage.
Shows how much influence Liverpool have over the press and how the press wont say anything to upset their virtuous club.

Pass me the sick bucket

Why not use a password manager that generates passwords and stores them encrypted safely, synchronising between devices this can be unlocked on a mobile using biometrics All my passwords are done this was at least 20 characters mixed I’m not getting hacked

Why not use a password manager that generates passwords and stores them encrypted safely, synchronising between devices this can be unlocked on a mobile using biometrics All my passwords are done this was at least 20 characters mixed I’m not getting hacked

This.

However, I work in IT and the average end user has 1 maybe 2 core passwords that they can remember, with 1, 123, ! or something on the end. Forcing users to change passwords every so often causes more grief than it's actually worth.

I am guessing on this but I think the blackout on this is more a case of self censorship rather than Liverpool threatening the media. If the Times Sport feels able to run and lead with the story, I don't see what is preventing the rest of the media from at least cross-referencing the Times and citing them as the source and couching their own coverage in careful terms.

None of them want to get on the wrong side of LFC, but they calculate that being a foe of Man City is fine and a good place to be commercially.

Knowing that a written down password was under a keyboard and then entering said password sounds like a ridiculous description of the word 'hacking'

Knowing that a written down password was under a keyboard and then entering said password sounds like a ridiculous description of the word 'hacking'

it’s like a burglar finding a key under the mat, it’s daft by the owner but it’s still the crime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.