Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I say I don't rate Sane? Of course I do, I love the guy, but given his contract situation and the fact that I don't think he's actually going to play that much this season I think £60-70m is about what we can expect for him this summer. The only variable is the Euros but it wouldn't shock if the deal is done before that either. We'll see soon enough, I'd love to be proven totally wrong.

I would be surprised if City accepted less than £80m - £85m for him. He's one of the most highly rated and marketable players in world football and at 23 (?) has years in front of him. Bayern want him badly as their new poster boy and they're every bit as likely to blink first as we are

Where did I say I don't rate Sane? Of course I do, I love the guy, but given his contract situation and the fact that I don't think he's actually going to play that much this season I think £60-70m is about what we can expect for him this summer. The only variable is the Euros but it wouldn't shock if the deal is done before that either. We'll see soon enough, I'd love to be proven totally wrong.
If Leroy goes we will get £90m imho.

£50m - which in some ways sounds a lot but is a fraction of his worth. Unfortunately Bayern will have told Sane’s agent - the lower the fee the higher the wage.
We will see, I have a lot of faith in the City heirachy in this, which I don't usually have.

We will see, I have a lot of faith in the City heirachy in this, which I don't usually have.

I agree - we tend to handle these things well and keep our assets happy. This one looks different for a few reasons. Sane doesn’t seem happy - lack of playing time last season, poor body language but that’s only speculative!, his mum wants him back in Germany, Bayern have clearly been all over him (with help from Loewe and the rest of German Football!), Sane has done nothing to indicate he wants to stay ( nor has he said he wants to go) but, his silence is worrying. I wouldn’t rule out him signing a new deal with us if we give him what he wants but on balance I think he will sign for Bayern at the end of the summer transfer window for a fraction of his worth.

I agree - we tend to handle these things well and keep our assets happy. This one looks different for a few reasons. Sane doesn’t seem happy - lack of playing time last season, poor body language but that’s only speculative!, his mum wants him back in Germany, Bayern have clearly been all over him (with help from Loewe and the rest of German Football!), Sane has done nothing to indicate he wants to stay ( nor has he said he wants to go) but, his silence is worrying. I wouldn’t rule out him signing a new deal with us if we give him what he wants but on balance I think he will sign for Bayern at the end of the summer transfer window for a fraction of his worth.
Don't underestimate City power of persuasion, I have a feeling something positive is bubbling under the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.