Jim Morrison

Funny you should post this. I read this the other day for some random reason. By all accounts he was a bit of a twat. Great band though - well ahead of their time.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...more-it-took-me-years-to-forgive-jim-morrison

I always got the impression that Densmore was jealous of Morrison and Manzarek wasn’t and that’s where the split came in the band but reading that I respect Densmore for refusing the commercial. Morrison went mad when he was alive when they put Light my Fire on a car commercial, he went so mad they had to take it off air and return the money.

I guess it must be pretty demoralising to see the front man of your band completely ruin themselves and act like an idiot half the time, no matter how talented and how good he was as a person deep down.

Don’t do drugs kids.

Great music and quality throughout each album that stands the test of time.

Assisted with and abundance of drugs and sex in Jim's case to inspire him and quickly destroy him.

The end was his only true friend as he he wrote , wanting to see what was awaiting him after his mortality was over.

Cracking front man although "C'mon light my fire" now has been relegated to "C'mon baby do some tea".

And he was a City fan...……..

The Blue bus is calling us, driver where you taking us. At the time of Stuart Pearce that was the line I sang before every home game

The live version of The End by Morrison is only surpassed by Homer Simpsons version.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.