Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they lost some players, their scouting has been excellent and with the extra money they now have, and insane transfer fees they'd get, I'm sure they'd manage good replacements.

I genuinely believe they'd implode with any major transition, could be basing that on hope rather than facts but let's see how they pan out when they have to replace like for like.

I genuinely believe they'd implode with any major transition, could be basing that on hope rather than facts but let's see how they pan out when they have to replace like for like.

You're definitely basing it on hope. They've got a track record of good scouting, they will have huge money, and they've shown they will spend top money and break transfer records to get the right person.

Quite a big difference between a tournament happening in the summer and a tournment happening mid-season.

If they lost Mané, Salah, Keita and maybe Matip for at least 5 league matches, (plus if the go there, the FA Cup 4th round and League Cup semi finals) would definitely hurt them, they'll have to compensate with new signings.

Just losing Yaya cost us the title in 2015 and probably 2013 too.

I didn't realize it was during the season, I thought they had gone to Summer AFCON's permanently. Just checked and it has been moved from Summer because of the weather. So yes it will certainly hit them.

I didn't realize it was during the season, I thought they had gone to Summer AFCON's permanently. Just checked and it has been moved from Summer because of the weather. So yes it will certainly hit them.
Not only them...AFCON organizers are hurting their own players future. I can imagine someone choosing players from Asia or South/North America because of this. Imagine this, if you buy new player, he will need time to adjust to the PL football. Around Dec/Jan he will be in optimal form and will leave to play AFCON Cup... ? Its insane. I understand that summer in Africa is not the best time to play football, but come on. Just my 2 cents...

I am not sure if it was the soul singer Millie Jackson of one of the Fenway people who said this...………

Cheatin' is a game where nobody wins
And the ones not big enough to play are the ones to lose

Interested to see the future of Liverpool should they win the league. Klopp has a history of bringing short term success to teams before leaving them in a downward spiral. They have some good young players but should they go onto win the league there's not much else for them to do and it will be interesting to see if their key players decide to move on. The love of Liverpool as a place and club only ever seems to be short term for world class talent not born in that dump.

If we win the CL I still think we can retain the majority of our players. But perhaps, for the first time since the take over, we will have a battle to retain key players who might want new challenges. I would feel we are better placed to retain key players because of the way the club is run. It could be an interesting summer depending what trophies are won. I have a strong feeling we will win the CL this season. With the league beyond us realistically, and Pep's recent experimentation tactically we can give it everything and it would be exactly what David Silva deserves before he leaves.

I think this is not terribly accurate, and creates an image that is misleading.

Mainz were always in the 2nd division.
Dortmund went something like 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd and he left the season after. All that with Bayern taking Gotze one year and then Lewandowski the year after (I think).
Seems a little harsh to describe that as a 'hstory' as the highlighted part does. He's no Mourinho!

I think this is not terribly accurate, and creates an image that is misleading.

Mainz were always in the 2nd division.
Dortmund went something like 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd and he left the season after. All that with Bayern taking Gotze one year and then Lewandowski the year after (I think).
Seems a little harsh to describe that as a 'hstory' as the highlighted part does. He's no Mourinho!

He brought Dortmund from 13th to winning the league, in three years. He helped to build a club, an organisation and an identity that is still helping us to fight for the title. It is thanks to klopp that we're in the position to play CL year in and year out.

It is a bit funny when people make his club building as short term, given his somewhat unique ability to do the exact opposite. I don't think people in England understand the gratefulness Dortmund fans feel towards him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.