Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
He brought Dortmund from 13th to winning the league, in three years. He helped to build a club, an organisation and an identity that is still helping us to fight for the title. It is thanks to klopp that we're in the position to play CL year in and year out.

It is a bit funny when people make his club building as short term, given his somewhat unique ability to do the exact opposite. I don't think people in England understand the gratefulness Dortmund fans feel towards him.

Now I think you're overstating the case! I have no idea what 'somewhat unique ability' means there.

Liqueurs? Seems more like meths.

It is probably true that Henderson has "links the defending and attacking in the middle of the midfield" better this season though, as Ferny's hardly played there since August.
This season and some of last season they bypass the midfield with long balls a lot,from dick to salad and mane,henderson isn't linking much,to even mention him in the same breath as dinho is ridiculous,i think the fact that sam gets so much airtime,esp on talksport is because there is still some resistance to anything but bus parking hoof ball,the other retired players on talksport are the same,most of them haven't played for 10yrs and the more recent ones played sam style football,english players good but forgeiners bad,except if they are dippers obvs

There is also the fact that they don't want to give pep any credit for changing the way we play football here,even after everything pep has achieved some/lot of them just won't have it,i've heard how klopp has changed the way keepers play by bringing in allisson which is bollocks,he did it way after pep did,most of the media/pundits are dippers so it's no real surprise,that is why are achievements have been swept away never to be mentioned again

This season and some of last season they bypass the midfield with long balls a lot,from dick to salad and mane,henderson isn't linking much,to even mention him in the same breath as dinho is ridiculous,i think the fact that sam gets so much airtime,esp on talksport is because there is still some resistance to anything but bus parking hoof ball,the other retired players on talksport are the same,most of them haven't played for 10yrs and the more recent ones played sam style football,english players good but forgeiners bad,except if they are dippers obvs

There is also the fact that they don't want to give pep any credit for changing the way we play football here,even after everything pep has achieved some/lot of them just won't have it,i've heard how klopp has changed the way keepers play by bringing in allisson which is bollocks,he did it way after pep did,most of the media/pundits are dippers so it's no real surprise,that is why are achievements have been swept away never to be mentioned again

In general, yes, it's laughable to compare them.
But it's a meathead on Talksport - you could guess the answer without hearing it.

Most Liverpool supporters would have settled for league title last season. Win that and it takes away about 50% of ammunition from opposition supporters.

Not really.

I’ve always given credit to the old Liverpool teams for winning the European Cup. They were Champions of the English League. And were Champions of Europe. A straight draw. And a straight knockout competition. As a rule the best and most consistent teams won the European Cup.

Liverpool won the CL after finishing 4th the season before, just pipping Chelsea to 4th Place. Stand corrected on this. Liverpool lost 3 games and drew 2 games on the way to winning the CL last season? Liverpool played out the most boring CL final that most people can remember. In the true sense of the word, Liverpool aren’t ‘European Champions’. Liverpool won a (non-knockout) cup competition that is rigged, manipulated, the draws are fixed, the teams are seeded, matches are pre-chosen for TV, teams from the same country can’t play each other in then early rounds, etc. Even the winner of the Europa League get’s put into the CL. WTF is that about? What’s Champion about that? Thankfully for Liverpool Napoli missed a last minute sitter at Anfield, Messi and Barcelona didn’t turn up at Anfield, and when they did, they didn’t take their chances, and Spurs were just s*** in the CL final. All in all, Liverpool’s recent luck and good fortune in the PL transmitted itself to last season’s CL win.

And before you call me bitter, if City ever won the CL without winning the PL title the season before, I would say the same thing about City.

A team can’t be Champions of Europe if they aren’t Champions of their own domestic league first.

Last edited:
Would Pep guardiola be able to win the league with a midfield trio of wijnaldum, henderson and milner/ oxlade?
It speaks volumes about how Klopp has managed to get his team punching above their weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.