He went down South and crossed the border
Left the chaos and disorder
Back there over his shoulder

One morning he awoke in a green hotel
With a strange creature groaning beside him
Sweat oozed from its shiny skin

Is everybody in?
The ceremony is about to begin

back door man was self explanatory. read the no one gets out of here biography that was very interesting re him and the band etc

His death is still shrouded in mystery, drugs drink suicide who knows but he was one of those stars who didn't seem to want a long life.
It isnt really is it? His ticker gave out from the hammering he gave himself just like Whitney Houston, Elvis and loads of others

Huge fan. A level above everyone else along with the Beatles and kinks for me. Think they are one of those bands you either get obsessed with or absoluley hate.

Don't agree he was the Doors, they where a collective and all individually great but something special happened when they all played together. If it had of been Manazarek or Krieger who bit the dust first they would not have been the same. Jim bounced off them on stage and vice versa. A lot of those songs are Jim ad libbing to the other 3 doors sound.

If Morrison was about today he would probably be in and out of rehab and getting the help he needed for depression. The film glorified his excess unfortunately.

Huge fan. A level above everyone else along with the Beatles and kinks for me. Think they are one of those bands you either get obsessed with or absoluley hate.

Don't agree he was the Doors, they where a collective and all individually great but something special happened when they all played together. If it had of been Manazarek or Krieger who bit the dust first they would not have been the same. Jim bounced off them on stage and vice versa. A lot of those songs are Jim ad libbing to the other 3 doors sound.

If Morrison was about today he would probably be in and out of rehab and getting the help he needed for depression. The film glorified his excess unfortunately.

In my post I was alluding to the fact that Jim Morrison was a poet, and that's what I was a fan of mainly, the music they made for me was secondary.
His lyrics stand as poetry in a way that no other rock musicians does, with the possible exception of Leonard Cohen.
I wasn't commentating on them as a group. Or comparing them to other groups.

" The negroes in the forest, brightly feathered.
They are saying forget the night.
Live with us in forests of Asher"

Brilliantly deep stuff.

She lives on love Street
Lingers long on love Street
She has a house and garden
I would like to see what happens

She has robes and she has monkeys
Lazy diamond studded flunkies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.