#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up on page 3,you put down dave,bernie and raz because you want mahrez in,there are no arguements that will convince you any different,support the whole team
You are cherry-picking comments where I criticized poor performance of some players when we lost games; yet, you turned a blind eye to loads of comments where I sang praises of the same players when they got stuck in. Let’s leave it there and do not quote me again.

We all knew he could score, but could he play to a system which requires a hell of a lot more than chasing down a long pass. Last 2 games he seems to have caught onto what is required.

I am not in any way shape or form. I would not call not playing him for the entire month of October ,when the PL title was still up for grabs, a rotation !

So he played against Wolves so that is flat out wrong to start with my friend, he also played in both the Champions League games and the League cup game, so again he was hardly discarded from the team like you are trying to make out.

Some would say the Champions League games were more important, it is what Pep wants to win after all.

Of course, he may not have played in the other league games as he was hooked after 60 minutes but if my memory serves I don't think he was the worst of the players that sorry day tbh.

If Sane had been fit from the start of the season it would have been interesting to see the split of minutes between the four of them, Sane, Sterling, Silva and Mahrez.

You are cherry-picking comments where I criticized poor performance of some players when we lost games; yet, you turned a blind eye to loads of comments where I sang praises of the same players when they got stuck in. Let’s leave it there and do not quote me again.
I don't know why it's a problem to admit you post a lot more about him than the others,it's not like i am the only one who has noticed,you want everyone dropped for him and take great offence when they are not

I don't have any stats to back this up but it seems KDB and especially Mahrez benefited the most from D. Sliva being injured as the right side is seeing more the ball, on the other side Sterling seems to have lost the most from D Silva's absence.

What are you talking about? why are you quoting me randomly?

Edit; remind me, was that you the poster I had a little exchange with because he wanted Mahrez not to have any votes in the "Man of the match" thread? I believe you even joked about his family being like "rabbits".
if you read the exchange correctly then you would know it wasn't random, but an oversight.
as is the second part of your reply. a simple point of reference about more voters after my original post that you blew out of proportion.
If you have forgotten, I was more polite there than what you were merited.

I've yet to meet a blue who has a problem with players because of where he is from.it doesn't do your arguement any good to say that,fanboys need to accept the team is NOT about 1 player,they all get rotated in a team going for 4 competitions

If you read carefully my post that you have quoted, you would know that I have already withdrawn the (hypothetical and illustrative) question you are referring to. As for the fanboys part, I do not get what you are trying to say. Fanboys come in many sorts and many flavors and are not exclusive to the regularly scapegoated players on this forum, i.e. Mendy, Mahrez, Gundo, ...

Last edited:
If you read carefully my post that you have quoted, you would know that I have already withdrawn the (hypothetical and illustrative) question you are referring to. As for the fanboys part, I do not get what you are trying to say. Fanboys come in many sorts and many flavors and are not exclusive to the regularly scapegoated players on this forum, i.e. Mendy, Mahrez, Gundo, ...
You have not reported my full quote (?!). In that full quote, I have started by saying (within the context and sequence of that conversation) that the question was hypothetical and illustrative and does not relate to anybody in this forum. I have added later on in a subsequent post that maybe I was wrong asking such question within this platform.

That said, do I still believe that some fans are biased against certain players for no footballing reason? Of course, I do. You already know that.[/QUOTE]

What does this bit mean?

it means he thinks we're racist against Mendy, Mahrez and Gundogan because they're muslim, as opposed to the fact that they're mostly flaky and have put in as many mediocre/poor performances as they have good in their careers with us.

But hey, about time someone called it out for the bollocks it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.