Meeting players after the game?

Graeme51

I'm taking my 11 year old nephew down from Scotland to his first game at the Etihad on Saturday.

Anyway, I was hoping he would get the chance to get an autograph and a picture with some players after the game. Where do the players leave from after the game and rougly how long after the game do they start to leave?

Also, we're in the Legends Lounge thanks to a very generous City fan I know. What ex-players are likely to be there? I don't really have an English team myself but my nephew loves City so I would like to brush up my knowledge of the ex-players so I can tell him a bit about them when we're there.

I'm taking my 11 year old nephew down from Scotland to his first game at the Etihad on Saturday.

Anyway, I was hoping he would get the chance to get an autograph and a picture with some players after the game. Where do the players leave from after the game and rougly how long after the game do they start to leave?

Also, we're in the Legends Lounge thanks to a very generous City fan I know. What ex-players are likely to be there? I don't really have an English team myself but my nephew loves City so I would like to brush up my knowledge of the ex-players so I can tell him a bit about them when we're there.
You won't get any current players but you will see a selection from Book Bell Summerbee Booth Barnes Edgehill Corrigan Brightwell Morrison dependant who's working that day

You joined 12 years ago. Did you forget your password :-)
Your best bet is to get there early before match, players getting off coach about 90mins before game. Players in legends lounge will not mean anything to a new young supporter.

You won't get any current players but you will see a selection from Book Bell Summerbee Booth Barnes Edgehill Corrigan Brightwell Morrison dependant who's working that day

That's just what I'm after thanks mate, I'm doing a bit of reading on them now.

I wasn't expecting to meet any players current in the Legends Lounge. In Scotland some kids hang around and catch players as they are leaving to get their cars after the game, I was just wondering if there was any chance of that after the game?

I’ve posted this before, but it’s my biggest boast as a City fan, so it definitely deserves repeating!

I once got the team coach back from an away game. I’m guessing about 1987. From Highfield Road.

I’d been out the night before, got absolutely smashed, fell down a bank and got loads of grass stains on my jeans - my only trousers for the weekend. Obviously I wasn’t that arsed until I went on the team coach. It was commented upon.

Organised by my mate’s dad, who’d driven us over, who was a marketing director for a big sponsor of City at the time. Think he was shagging some younger bird and wanted to mug us off, so he dangled the ultimate carrot towards me and his son, to divert us: the team coach. Took all of 0.013 seconds for me to say yes.

Was an incredible experience that I’ll never forget.

Imagine that happening now!

You joined 12 years ago. Did you forget your password :-)
Your best bet is to get there early before match, players getting off coach about 90mins before game. Players in legends lounge will not mean anything to a new young supporter.

Well spotted mate. I was at a 3-0 win against Arsenal when Robinho, Vassell, Ireland and such played for City in 2009, I remember joining the forum then so I thought I'd visit again. The forum seems just as helpful now as it was back then. I asked where I should visit for a beer before the game, I was told to go to Mary D's, it didn't disappoint.

Thanks for the info mate.

Well spotted mate. I was at a 3-0 win against Arsenal when Robinho, Vassell, Ireland and such played for City in 2009, I remember joining the forum then so I thought I'd visit again. The forum seems just as helpful now as it was back then. I asked where I should visit for a beer before the game, I was told to go to Mary D's, it didn't disappoint.

Thanks for the info mate.

There’s a tradition of wearing a united shirt the first time you go in ;-)

I’ve posted this before, but it’s my biggest boast as a City fan, so it definitely deserves repeating!

I once got the team coach back from an away game. I’m guessing about 1987. From Highfield Road.

I’d been out the night before, got absolutely smashed, fell down a bank and got loads of grass stains on my jeans - my only trousers for the weekend. Obviously I wasn’t that arsed until I went on the team coach. It was commented upon.

Organised by my mate’s dad, who’d driven us over, who was a marketing director for a big sponsor of City at the time. Think he was shagging some younger bird and wanted to mug us off, so he dangled the ultimate carrot towards me and his son, to divert us: the team coach. Took all of 0.013 seconds for me to say yes.

Was an incredible experience that I’ll never forget.

Imagine that happening now!
I can never name drop again after that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.