Aguero's first goal

Funnily enough, I can recall Sergio’s debut like yesterday, especially his second goal, what a strike! His debut, resonates for me and my family in so many ways. This was my first season taking my daughter aged 12 as a new season card holder, I’d been taking her on off for a couple of seasons prior. From that moment Sergio scored, let’s just say she got a crush on him, and has ever since. Sergio had influenced my daughter enough that she not only wanted to meet him but speak to him in Spanish. She started to learn Spanish at school and has flourished in Spanish since, going onto study Spanish and Italian at university, recently spending a few months in Madrid and now off to Italy for 6 months.

Her dream to meet Sergio finally happened when my cousin whom is a member of the first team medical team, arranged for her to meet him on her 17th birthday at the CFC. What can I say, she spoke not only him in Spanish, but along with David Silva, and Pelligrini at the time. He spent time with us, and signed loads of stuff for her.

My daughter has been through a hell of a lot in the last few years, but Sergio in particular has inspired her in many, many ways, giving her greater confidence and she has met many people in the public eye since and her language skills have helped her communicate and develop further. She’s even conversed with Messi, and had her Argentina shirt signed by him and Sergio!

We will always be grateful to Sergio for his great goals, especially his title winning goal and the 93.20 moment, but to me and my family, especially our daughter we will always be truly grateful to a truly humble human being, and the greatest goal scorer we have had the privilege to wear our city blue, a true LEGEND.

Muchas gracias Sergio.

presumably, she had a crush on Mario too, hence the Italian?

Funnily enough, I can recall Sergio’s debut like yesterday, especially his second goal, what a strike! His debut, resonates for me and my family in so many ways. This was my first season taking my daughter aged 12 as a new season card holder, I’d been taking her on off for a couple of seasons prior. From that moment Sergio scored, let’s just say she got a crush on him, and has ever since. Sergio had influenced my daughter enough that she not only wanted to meet him but speak to him in Spanish. She started to learn Spanish at school and has flourished in Spanish since, going onto study Spanish and Italian at university, recently spending a few months in Madrid and now off to Italy for 6 months.

Her dream to meet Sergio finally happened when my cousin whom is a member of the first team medical team, arranged for her to meet him on her 17th birthday at the CFC. What can I say, she spoke not only him in Spanish, but along with David Silva, and Pelligrini at the time. He spent time with us, and signed loads of stuff for her.

My daughter has been through a hell of a lot in the last few years, but Sergio in particular has inspired her in many, many ways, giving her greater confidence and she has met many people in the public eye since and her language skills have helped her communicate and develop further. She’s even conversed with Messi, and had her Argentina shirt signed by him and Sergio!

We will always be grateful to Sergio for his great goals, especially his title winning goal and the 93.20 moment, but to me and my family, especially our daughter we will always be truly grateful to a truly humble human being, and the greatest goal scorer we have had the privilege to wear our city blue, a true LEGEND.

Muchas gracias Sergio.

Muchas gracias Sergio.
That’s a really nice story mate, that he has inspired enough for her to be influenced in her degree is marvellous. It’s astonishing that despite his success, accolades and titles he doesn’t seem to have changed one jot.

Yeah, we were there that night and I too feel privileged to have witnessed it.

What a fantastic ride it has been in the eight+ years since.

On a side note, it’s hard to believe that Merlin has only assisted 21 of Kun's League goals. I thought it was a much higher total than that.

presumably, she had a crush on Mario too, hence the Italian?
Actually, we’re of Italian heritage, the original Ancoats Little Italy community, many of whom were Rag supporters, but not me dad and his 4 brothers! Blue through and through...although she did manage to meet Roberto Mancini, pitch side the day we beat Wolves 2-0 at Molineux, on the way to the title, alas, she didn’t get to meet our super Mario....

RE: City v Swansea. One of my closest friends at City broke up his engagement that summer and was very upset about it. He took me to The Waldorf for a pint to chat about it before the match. An old man wearing a Panama hat put Robert Palmer on the juke box and started dancing around. I was trying to keep a straight face as my friend was on the verge of tears. It was about 4pm on a Monday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.