What did you collect as a kid.

Anything and everything relating to Jimi Hendrix.Posters by the dozen,scrap books,I even bought girly mags if his picture was in it. I was, and still am, a Hendrix nut,and as a pro musician he has been my lifetime role model. My son,nephew and son in law,all guitarists,are the same,and this year we are planning a tribute to commemorate the 50 th anniversary of his passing.

I used to collect programes. When I say collect, I of oursec mean steal, from Programme Fairs.
.we would steal them from one stall and sell them to other stalls. Very profitable and extremely welcome cash for a poor child. Well, not poor after an event, but in general.

I also collected Marvel comics and had some that are now worth a few bob. When I moved out of my mum's she threw them and my programes out. She was a card.

Me: mum I can't find my comics and programmes.

Mum: oh they old things? I threw them out. ..

Me:. Oh mum, they were worth money.

Mum: well, you should have taken them with you. Shouldn't you?

Me: but, but,

Mum: but nothing. I need milk, run round and get some would you?

Literally not one fuck given.

Pro Set cards for me. I’m 40. It was a generational thing. One lad, whose dad had played professionally, had the full set and album.

Got, got, got, need, got, need, need, got, got...

Almost finished the 1990 World Cup sticker album

Wrestling programmes and wrestlers autographs. I had autographs of Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Kendo Nagasaki... dozens of them. My treasured possessions.

Later on I was suffering from mental health issues and wasn’t thinking straight - chucked them all into a dumpster, to be carted off to landfill in China.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.