Meeting players after the game?

I'm taking my 11 year old nephew down from Scotland to his first game at the Etihad on Saturday.

Anyway, I was hoping he would get the chance to get an autograph and a picture with some players after the game. Where do the players leave from after the game and rougly how long after the game do they start to leave?

Also, we're in the Legends Lounge thanks to a very generous City fan I know. What ex-players are likely to be there? I don't really have an English team myself but my nephew loves City so I would like to brush up my knowledge of the ex-players so I can tell him a bit about them when we're there.

I've been in Legends a couple of times and each time it was Mike Summerbee and Colin Bell. They carry notes with them which indicate the tables with the VIPs ( don't know the qualifications needed) where, it seems, they have to chat. It leaves very little time for everybody else, so have your phone/camera on ready and grab them as they pass as they won't want to hang around, in my experience.
I did the Chairman's Club once when it was unlimited drink, I accosted Summerbee and Tony Book, I was in a drunken state, telling them about living near Harry Godwin, City Scout, when I was a kid in Blackley and him letting me hold two cups ( I assume now the League Cup and Cup winners Cup) . They were really imprezzzzzzzzzzed!

Last edited:
I’ll be helpful bud ;-) hopefully!

Presume they still do it now but couple years ago players came out of the service tunnel from an underground car park in their own cars.

By the little athletics stadium, team coach is normally there i believe. May be awhile though maybe hr and half, 2 hours after the game. Did it a couple years back and met kompany zaba and Fernandinho weren’t bad

I've been in Legends a couple of times and each time it was Mike Summerbee and Colin Bell. They carry notes with them which indicate the tables with the VIPs ( don't know the qualifications needed) where, it seems, they have to chat. It leaves very little time for everybody else, so have your phone/camera on ready and grab them as they pass as they won't want to hang around, in my experience.
I did the Chairman's Club once when it was unlimited drink, I accosted Summerbee and Tony Book, I was in a drunken state, telling them about living near Harry Godwin, City Scout, when I was a kid in Blackley and him letting me hold two cups ( I assume now the League Cup and Cup winners Cup) . They was really imprezzzzzzzzzzed!
I was in the Legends once, and my mate, Colin, was talking to Skip whilst hammered. Told TB he was named after him, but my mate had a name badge which said ‘Colin’. He must have thought he was talking to The King. Fuck me, he was hammered.

The look on Skip’s face was hilarious!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.