Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
certainly, jordans stepped upto Fabinho’s absence and his leadership qualities are evident in all the matches he starts.

He is a dinoseur who thnks the way he coached teams is the best way,he also loves anyone but city,pep has shown up managers like him
I saw Everton play under him. It was horrible. He hates us too, he's like a bitter ex-boyfriend.

I saw Everton play under him. It was horrible. He hates us too, he's like a bitter ex-boyfriend.

Sat in front of Fat Sam and Peter Reid once in the Directors Box at City when we played Everton. Be in no doubt they both hate us - couldn’t believe some of the shit they were saying. ****s the pair of them.

Not really.

I’ve always given credit to the old Liverpool teams for winning the European Cup. They were Champions of the English League. And were Champions of Europe. A straight draw. And a straight knockout competition. As a rule the best and most consistent teams won the European Cup.

Liverpool won the CL after finishing 4th the season before, just pipping Chelsea to 4th Place. Stand corrected on this. Liverpool lost 3 games and drew 2 games on the way to winning the CL last season? Liverpool played out the most boring CL final that most people can remember. In the true sense of the word, Liverpool aren’t ‘European Champions’. Liverpool won a (non-knockout) cup competition that is rigged, manipulated, the draws are fixed, the teams are seeded, matches are pre-chosen for TV, teams from the same country can’t play each other in then early rounds, etc. Even the winner of the Europa League get’s put into the CL. WTF is that about? What’s Champion about that? Thankfully for Liverpool Napoli missed a last minute sitter at Anfield, Messi and Barcelona didn’t turn up at Anfield, and when they did, they didn’t take their chances, and Spurs were just s*** in the CL final. All in all, Liverpool’s recent luck and good fortune in the PL transmitted itself to last season’s CL win.

And before you call me bitter, if City ever won the CL without winning the PL title the season before, I would say the same thing about City.

A team can’t be Champions of Europe if they aren’t Champions of their own domestic league first.
Not really, I think you may be a City fan. I support Liverpool and go the game, I live in Kirkdale and I know a lot of Liverpool season ticket holders and supporters and virtually every one of them would have settled for league last year. One lad who has been a season ticket holder for 30 years says, if and only if we win it this year he is not going to re-new his ticket as the PL will have been won and the monkey has gone and all the p*** taking will end and he will be happy with that. As for winning CL from 4th place...well that is what the CL is, I preferred the old way myself but it is what it is. So not really, yes....really.

Not really.

I’ve always given credit to the old Liverpool teams for winning the European Cup. They were Champions of the English League. And were Champions of Europe. A straight draw. And a straight knockout competition. As a rule the best and most consistent teams won the European Cup.

Liverpool won the CL after finishing 4th the season before, just pipping Chelsea to 4th Place. Stand corrected on this. Liverpool lost 3 games and drew 2 games on the way to winning the CL last season? Liverpool played out the most boring CL final that most people can remember. In the true sense of the word, Liverpool aren’t ‘European Champions’. Liverpool won a (non-knockout) cup competition that is rigged, manipulated, the draws are fixed, the teams are seeded, matches are pre-chosen for TV, teams from the same country can’t play each other in then early rounds, etc. Even the winner of the Europa League get’s put into the CL. WTF is that about? What’s Champion about that? Thankfully for Liverpool Napoli missed a last minute sitter at Anfield, Messi and Barcelona didn’t turn up at Anfield, and when they did, they didn’t take their chances, and Spurs were just s*** in the CL final. All in all, Liverpool’s recent luck and good fortune in the PL transmitted itself to last season’s CL win.

And before you call me bitter, if City ever won the CL without winning the PL title the season before, I would say the same thing about City.

A team can’t be Champions of Europe if they aren’t Champions of their own domestic league first.

Liverpool will most certainly wrap up the title in April, which means until the CL final is played in June, for 2 months at least they’ll be English champions, European champions and World champions. That is as good an indicator of being the best team in the world, regardless of the CL format.

Liverpool will most certainly wrap up the title in April, which means until the CL final is played in June, for 2 months at least they’ll be English champions, European champions and World champions. That is as good an indicator of being the best team in the world, regardless of the CL format.
A good indicator of who is best is how many games they lost and drew in Europe , the premiership has been doctored

I see fat Sam has come out in support of Henderson, to be fair fat Sam will understand his position of seeing the ball flying over his head more than most, he designed Klopps tactics of the diagonal ball while at Bolton, so it is no wonder that the 2 full backs keep registering liverpool most assists year on year, okay fat Sam you can take your bung now

A good indicator of who is best is how many games they lost and drew in Europe , the premiership has been doctored

A game is not 90 minutes in a 2 legged tie. In 3 seasons in Europe under Klopp, Liverpool haven't lost a knockout tie (meaning Milner has played 3 European finals since he left City) . Even in the group stages I doubt there are many (or any) teams who had the better of them over the home and away legs.

I agree City have been cheated out of challenging LiVARpool this season, but their CL win last season was deserving. I consider them slight favourites for this season too, as they know how to play this format of the game.

A game is not 90 minutes in a 2 legged tie. In 3 seasons in Europe under Klopp, Liverpool haven't lost a knockout tie (meaning Milner has played 3 European finals since he left City) . Even in the group stages I doubt there are many (or any) teams who had the better of them over the home and away legs.

I agree City have been cheated out of challenging LiVARpool this season, but their CL win last season was deserving. I consider them slight favourites for this season too, as they know how to play this format of the game.
I am sorry did you miss liverpool scraping through the group stage in second place or the dodgy penalty in the final?

I am sorry did you miss liverpool scraping through the group stage in second place or the dodgy penalty in the final?

When you look at that it does devalue the champs league , finish 4th and scrap through the group than take part in the worse football final of all time at any level, by playing piss poor 'football/hoofball'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.