Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Pep guardiola be able to win the league with a midfield trio of wijnaldum, henderson and milner/ oxlade?
It speaks volumes about how Klopp has managed to get his team punching above their weight.
This isn't a criticism of Klopp as he is an extremely effective manager but Guardiola does not compromise on his 'style' on the whole (barring the odd tactical tweak).

Pep will not compromise, so anything he has achieved / will achieve has been harnessing his utopian vision of how football should be played. Conversely Klopp will / has slightly sacrificed (and I use this term loosely) style of play for results to create an extremely effective team.

It is both a strength and a weakness of both manager's in my opinion.

Back to your original question, Guardiola probably doesn't win the league with that midfield as he is unwilling to by-pass it.

I am sorry did you miss liverpool scraping through the group stage in second place or the dodgy penalty in the final?

It was a tough group. They won all their home games, so it's not as if the other teams had the better of them. Tottenham didn't even deserve to be in the semis.

I know he's a scouse phlegm chucker with an insufferable whiney voice but if it were one of our ex players we'd be patting him on the back.

He is a cnut though.

Wow! Who'd have thought it. A scouser being a mouthy prick.

Cannot stand this cuunt when he's on Sky and he really shouldn't be commentating on City's games.

Despite the accent, I used to like him when he joined Sky doing the MNF with Neville, especially his defensive analysis. Not anymore.

According to Pep, last seasons quadruple was 3 trophies +1.

So, if he was Liverpool's Manager, and if he was asked the question now, he'd probably say, 1 trophy +2.

But yes, I accept your point. A trophy is a trophy.

Unfortunately Liverpool's fan base is constantly in flux, continually moving the goal posts to suit their agenda.

Last season the CL was more important than the PL title. Really? This season the PL title will be more important than the PL, especially if City win the CL.

And if City do win the CL, which is a very big if, that old Scouse chestnut will come out once again. "We've won it 6 times"

"City won't be a 'big club until they've won Big Ears 3 times"

"City have bought success and their recent trophies"

"City aren't European Royalty"

Etc, etc....

The problem is, Liverpool fans never give other teams or clubs any credit. But they expect nothing less than constant credit for Liverpool's past trophy successes, even if they were decades ago.

Once Liverpool fans start giving other clubs and teams the credit they rightly deserve and start showing some humility, then Liverpool fans might start being liked once again, instead of being constantly ridiculed for the comments they constantly come out with.
I like to point out that when they win it they will be viewed as a big club like. Blackburn or Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.