Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

Not really, the main argument is that City did not pursue the matter, or even make the authorities aware of the matter. Although the articles I have read on the subject do not state which credentials were used, their own from previous employment at City, or someone else still employed by City. I agree there is a big difference between the two, and would make the matter more serious, but then also raises questions as to why City did not inform the FA.

do you know what city do in the background>

They used the log in details of Rob Newman, a City scout who is still at our club. Nobody knows exactly how they got those details but the fact that Newman is still there suggests he didn't willingly give them away.

Morals don't come into it and in fact you acknowledge that it is a serious crime. Nobody here can quantify the damage, advantages or disadvantages this has caused us or them over the intervening years although it has been heavily suggested that it forced our hand in signing Fern & Navas(?) at that time. There are also the youth signings to consider, not just the 1st teamers.

You do seem to be finding excuses for Liverpool while trying to put some of the blame on City.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...tween-liverpool-and-manchester-city-sqjj27lsz

I have already mentioned that I am happy to be corrected regarding who's credentials were used, although the article is behind a paywall (thanks anyway). I do not put any other blame on City, or absolve Liverpool of any wrongdoing. It would be nice to hear some opinions on why City did not make much of it at the time?

I hope there is an official investigation into the matter, but based on how seriously you view the matter, what are your opinions on City's stance at the time? Does it not seem strange?

No look at how our owner and the people he employs runs our club!

They used the log in details of Rob Newman, a City scout who is still at our club. Nobody knows exactly how they got those details but the fact that Newman is still there suggests he didn't willingly give them away.
This is something we may never know. It may be that City knew and unofficially condoned login sharing as such devolving blame from the users, or they know it was a user error but valued him high enough to retain him, after all once the leak was stopped his skills would be no less devalued.

I have already mentioned that I am happy to be corrected regarding who's credentials were used, although the article is behind a paywall (thanks anyway). I do not put any other blame on City, or absolve Liverpool of any wrongdoing. It would be nice to hear some opinions on why City did not make much of it at the time?
Have you not read the thread at all, how did you not know that they stole someone else's login?

Perhaps didn't want criminal proceedings brought against the individuals concerned but wanted recompense so took the million.

Perhaps didn't want the media shit storm, had enough to deal with concerning FFP at the time.

Can't everyone see that what they have is cheating pure and simple. They illegally hacked a competitor's database. Given what might be happening to Saracens in Rugby then a demotion of two leagues as a minimum should be happening to Liverpool plus a huge fine. Mind you the football authorities don't have the balls that the rugby guys do. And still no media coverage of the whole murky situation, how odd. This is a huge unprecedented scandal yet nobody wants to talk about it, I wonder why?
Dear foreign broadcaster,

Thanks for the squillions of cash.
By the way, we've kicked the greatest bestest everest team out of the league for being naughty. I'm sure you and your viewers will be glad to hear this.

Yours,

EPL

Dear EPL

Send the f###ing money back now or we'll see you in court.

Foreign broadcaster.

Dear foreign broadcaster

We're really sorry.
Don't worry, the greatest bestest everest team will be forgiven and allowed to win.

Yours always,

EPL

P.S. YNWA

I so want to believe this - not much hope - but please happen. This is why it's important that City finish second.
I think that the FA will bury it if and only if they are sure that the forensic report (the evidence) will be buried. That may depend on Manchester City, and that in turn may depend on the outcome of certain other enquiries.

..From having read through the the thread and the Times articles it looks to me that the guy in the Times was handed proof from either a current city employee or former employee of either club. The non disclosure agreement signed looks like the reason only one newspaper are reporting on it. The guy in the Mirror or Guardian can't go to his editor and legal team and say I want to print a story that could get us sued based on proof I know the Times have but I haven't actually seen...

Only City & Liverpool signed the non-disclosure agreement, not the media. Papers frequently publish pieces under the heading of 'as reported in...' which is their legal get-out clause.

Simon Mullock tweeted how the Liverpool legal team put pressure on them back in 2013.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.