Eminem lyric about Manchester bomb attack

Notoriously acerbic and offensive rapper uses highly inappropriate lyric.

He literally has a rap about killing his then wife (Kim). This is just his game.

Should he have used this line? No. But that's not the point.

Talking about something hypothetical is a bit different to referencing something that actually happened, surely?
I'm sure anyone who's had any encounter with domestic violence probably felt it actually happened (to them personally) even if it was hypothetical in a song. It was a very controversial song on release.

Talking about something hypothetical is a bit different to referencing something that actually happened, surely?

But, he's not the the first rapper to reference real world events!

Rappers have gone on about Kennedy's assassination, twin towers, murder of other fellow rappers etc.

I agree with @mccity.

It's just the way of grounding the reality of the world and music.

He's an idiot, most people will think he's a dick. How does someone get all woke about Trump yet sing shit things like this, hypocrite at the very least.

But, he's not the the first rapper to reference real world events!

Rappers have gone on about Kennedy's assassination, twin towers, murder of other fellow rappers etc.

I agree with @mccity.

It's just the way of grounding the reality of the world and music.
Fair enough. Seems pretty inappropriate to me, but then I'm probably wildly out of touch with rap culture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.