Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

Have you considered that we approached the authorities, who then encouraged us to keep it out of the public domain and brokered this deal? The PL Handbook expressly talks about avoiding going to law wherever possible so I'd say the scenario I've outlined is very plausible.

I could be completely and utterly wrong on this but it wouldn't surprise me if it panned out as follows:

1) City discover the hacking, suspect it was the ex-employees now working at Liverpool, and have strong evidence to back that up
2) City make a complaint to the PL and FA
3) The PL and FA broker a deal between the 2 clubs as they don't want the bad publicity, perhaps because the "guilty party" is good for the PL brand due to having a large global following
4) City accept the settlement on the proviso that Liverpool don't try and pull any dodgy shit on us in the future
5) The story then rears its head years later. Why that is is up for debate but it could well be that the UEFA FFP investigation is being influenced by certain clubs with a clear agenda, and one of those clubs is Liverpool (Think back to Khaldoon's interview at the end of last season when he inferred that some things do get back), and City are now so pissed off that it's time for the pushback

If it turns out that this is pretty much what has happened then I hope we go after these fuckers - and anyone else who has attempted to fuck us over for no justifiable reason other than to protect their own selfish interests - so much that it ends with the twats being relegated and that utter fucking snake John W.Henry serving time in Walton nick. For once, I'm not even holding their fans responsible for any of this. Or Klopp for that matter. As much as he does my head in at times, I very much doubt that he endorses this type of behaviour.

Last edited:
But now that the Times published it, why don't other titles reference it? I think they could freely do so as long as they don't make new allegations but they choose not to for editorial reasons.

Papers that print anything that the Anfield hierarchy don’t like doesn’t get into future Klopp ‘love-ins’ sorry press conferences.

I suggested City had some fault if the credentials used were their own, but happy to be corrected on that point (would be nice to be referenced to an article). I also did not say Liverpool should be absolved of any wrong doing. I 'question' your ability to read.

Take a step back. Thats utter claptrap. If I leave my bank card in my pocket and a colleague knows I do. If they then take my card out of my pocket and use my card over 6 months to buy lunch - tapping £10 a day. Who’s to blame? Who’s stolen? Who’s committed fraud? Who’s broken the law? FFS

Take a step back. Thats utter claptrap. If I leave my bank card in my pocket and a colleague knows I do. If they then take my card out of my pocket and use my card over 6 months to buy lunch - tapping £10 a day. Who’s to blame? Who’s stolen? Who’s committed fraud? Who’s broken the law? FFS
Ask yourself, how did the culprits get the login details of someone else? It sounds more like they been told they can go and take that bank card and buy lunch when they need to and someone forgot to tell them to stop when they were put on "gardening leave".

Ask yourself, how did the culprits get the login details of someone else? It sounds more like they been told they can go and take that bank card and buy lunch when they need to and someone forgot to tell them to stop when they were put on "gardening leave".

You don’t know that. Why would a City employee wave a colleague off to a rival and say ‘use my login details’. It could be true but I highly doubt it. I really didn’t think it would be long before the Scousers are completely innocent campaign would get underway.

Well in that case, the banks may as well leave all the money in the branch on the counter, and you can take the money you need, but make sure you leave a note to say which account you want to take it out of. Yes, i know it is still a crime FFS, but people and companies take preventative measures to lessen the risk of being a victim. A crime can be committed that leaves questions regarding the victims actions.

You don’t know that. Why would a City employee wave a colleague off to a rival and say ‘use my login details’. It could be true but I highly doubt it. I really didn’t think it would be long before the Scousers are completely innocent campaign would get underway.
I've worked in IT long enough to know how lax computer security can be and how third party system licencing models encourage user/password sharing as a cost saving exercise, what's your background?

I'm saying the passwords could have been shared before the culprits announced their intention to leave, could have been happening for years, but as you say, nobody really knows, so neither can anyone say the logins were stolen, initially.

Well in that case, the banks may as well leave all the money in the branch on the counter, and you can take the money you need, but make sure you leave a note to say which account you want to take it out of. Yes, i know it is still a crime FFS, but people and companies take preventative measures to lessen the risk of being a victim. A crime can be committed that leaves questions regarding the victims actions.

Sorry but if you can’t see that it’s illegal to take something - however you acquire it - and use it for illicit purposes for 6 months then you need to reset your moral compass. Whatever the IT regime at City - using a login as a former employee to the benefit of a new employer ( a competitor) is illegal and knowingly breaking the law.

I could be completely and utterly wrong on this but it wouldn't surprise me if it panned out as follows:

1) City discover the hacking, suspect it was the ex-employees now working at Liverpool, and have strong evidence to back that up
2) City make a complaint to the PL and FA
3) The PL and FA broker a deal between the 2 clubs as they don't want the bad publicity, perhaps because the "guilty party" is good for the PL brand due to having a large global following
4) City accept the settlement on the proviso that Liverpool don't try and pull any dodgy shit on us in the future
5) The story then rears its head years later. Why that is is up for debate but it could well be that the UEFA FFP investigation is being influenced by certain clubs with a clear agenda, and one of those clubs is Liverpool (Think back to Khaldoon's interview at the end of last season when he inferred that some things do get back), and City are now so pissed off that it's time for the pushback

If it turns out that this is pretty much what has happened then I hope we go after these fuckers - and anyone else who has attempted to fuck us over for no justifiable reason other than to protect their own selfish interests - so much that it ends with the twats being relegated and that utter fucking snake John W.Henry serving time in Walton nick. For once, I'm not even holding their fans responsible for any of this. Or Klopp for that matter. As much as he does my head in at times, I very much doubt that he endorses this type of behaviour.
That's pretty well the way I see it as well. Except I'd add that I reckon we found they were up to some other dodgy stuff and decided enough was enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.