Eminem lyric about Manchester bomb attack

But, he's not the the first rapper to reference real world events!

Rappers have gone on about Kennedy's assassination, twin towers, murder of other fellow rappers etc.

I agree with @mccity.

It's just the way of grounding the reality of the world and music.
So that makes it rite.

Ha, sorry. Definitely.
I would like to add that you or anyone should be completely entitled to be less than pleased about his lyric choice. I think people have a right to be offended about shit.

I'm not trying to excuse him, just point out that this is his motif. It's like complaining about Frankie Boyle; he's offensive but he knows what he's going for.

I would like to add that you or anyone should be completely entitled to be less than pleased about his lyric choice. I think people have a right to be offended about shit.

I'm not trying to excuse him, just point out that this is his motif. It's like complaining about Frankie Boyle; he's offensive but he knows what he's going for.

I agree, offence shouldn't be actionable, as for Frankie Boyle he has no barriers yet he openly dislikes top gear presenters for reading a scripted show. Worst thing about this is that I quite like eminem even though I can't understand a word he is saying.

I'm sure we are all guilty of hearing a joke or a lyric about something serious that has made us laugh, it's only when the subject happens to be something we hold dear ourselves we find issue with it so I will give him a pass.

Absolutely.

I bet theres been hundreds of jokes posted on here about Jimmy Saville, Epstein, 9/11, Madeleine McCann etc. Over the years and because it's as far removed as Eminem is from the Manchester bombing people rarely think twice about it.

Horrible things happen, and then people make jokes about it sooner or later, that's always been the way.

People have every right to be offended and boycott Eminem or whatever if they really feel the need to, but bear in mind someone is probably just as outraged and hurt every time you hear a controversial joke about a sensitive subject.

So that makes it rite.

Well, does it make it right when comedians reference tragedy in their jokes?

Does it make it right when TV shows use tragedy as reference in a plot line?

Does it make it right for politicians to reference tragedy to make political points?

No, but it happens.

People are forever claiming others to 'toughen up' about these things.

I'm no Eminem fan, but why not toughen up about this?

Controversy sells.

I don't think people are upset about him referencing it but rather how he's used the reference. He's used the incident lightly but that's part of the art of what he does. The closer you get to an event the more sensitive you are to it so I can understand people being offended.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.