Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Well bugger me sideways! Log Flumes, Tiger Racing, a F1 circuit, thousands of pages, a protracted debate on bogs and all we have to show is a new security hut!

We shouldn’t have a problem filling or selling out the new capacity of the Etihad Campus. ;-)

Reactions: nmc
The boxpark place is great but it's in an area close to a lot of retail, not to mention a real shitload of apartments full of youngsters with a lot of disposable income, something we don't really have round the Etihad, so would it get much use outside of football ?

I've been in boxpark when its had nothing to do with football, and it gets very busy, in fact I was chatting with one of the restaurant managers there, and he's not keen on the cup final football events, as they lose quite a bit of custom from the locals because to get in you need a match ticket, and only one of the clubs can go in for a couple of hours afterwards.
Never been in Boxpark but an indoor city square could be used for academy sized concerts (maybe band on the wall size if not that big) on non match nights, city in the community activity such as table tennis tournaments, indoor football etc so could get plenty of use

Somebody needs to get over to Abu Dhabi and have a quiet word in Sheikh Mansours ear.

“Listen mate, now is the time to expand the NS”

“If fact, it’s been long overdue”

“Get Pep to extend his contract again, and when it’s announced, announce the NS expansion along side it”

“And release some stunning CGI’s and a CGI flythough video of a NS styled KOP holding 25,000 City fans”

Sheikh Mansour.

“You’re right, jrb”

“Leave it with me, I’ll speak to Khaldoon, Soriano and John (Stemp) in the Morning”
Mr Stemp doesn't have a "H" in his first name so guess that's whats causing the delay, the emails from Sheikh Mansour must be bouncing if he spelling it wrong..

Wouldn't necessarily stop a builder being appointed. Someone will already have the nod.

Just saying, planning application hasn’t been submitted yet. Final design, etc.

So until that’s done, I wouldn’t expect a construction tender to be put out by Oak View Group.

Do we think the Arena plans will impact the North stand plans ? There must be some opportunity for synergy between the arena and a reworked City Square - with shared eating and drinking facilities etc.

Mr Stemp doesn't have a "H" in his first name so guess that's whats causing the delay, the emails from Sheikh Mansour must be bouncing if he spelling it wrong..

I’m sure he’ll forgive me for spelling his first name wrong. :-)

I’m more inclined to think they communicate via video conferencing rather than emails.

We really are killing time on this thread, just waiting for something to finally happen.

Just saying, planning application hasn’t been submitted yet. Final design, etc.

So until that’s done, I wouldn’t expect a construction tender to be put out by Oak View Group.
Its out and already priced probably to a stage 2/3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.