Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

But you could have prevented it! That's the point, you still suffer.
No court is EVER going to give someone less punishment if they have stolen something that was made easy to steal. It just isnt relevant. People can call the club knobs or lax (And some posters on here are soooo keen to show that - I reakly dont know why), but stealing is stealing. It's the bottom line, LFC stole the information and used it. Theft. wtf with some of these posters on here.

No court is EVER going to give someone less punishment if they have stolen something that was made easy to steal. It just isnt relevant. People can call the club knobs or lax (And some posters on here are soooo keen to show that - I reakly dont know why), but stealing is stealing. It's the bottom line, LFC stole the information and used it. Theft. wtf with some of these posters on here.
It's known as victim blaming. It's City's fault because they 'had it coming'.

Nobody is saying that. Just because we're discussing how City allowed the data breach doesn't reduce the level of the crime of data theft that was committed. Data breaches are subject to regulatory investigations and fines in some industries, especially so after GDPR, so while the culprit may be subject to 100% guilt for their crime, the victim organisation can also be punished and guilty of not taking proper steps to prevent it. Two different crimes, if you like, caused by one offence.

But you could have prevented it! That's the point, you still suffer.
Why is everyone skipping the point here. If you went on holiday and left a window ajar and returned to find your house had been burgled. I'm sure you'd be pissed off if your insurance company and the police turned round and said "well you should of shut your window sir, we ain't investigating or paying out"

I don't really see how City can be accused of having been lax with their cyber-security. Had the 2 ex employees still had their employee access at City then fair enough, but the case is made twice as bad by the fact that they've been snide and used their ex boss's log in.

If the bin dipping filth wish to try and hang their employees out to dry in the same manner their owners did with the baseball coach, it might not end well for them... Losing face and being shamed as a cheat (despite the obvious brown envelope pay off that would have gone hand in hand with the US equivalent of a P45) is a completely different kettle of fish to standing before the beak facing jail time. That's career over and being careful to keep a tight grip on the soap in the shower. Having said that, the ET necked yank with the lavender marriage has certainly got pockets deep enough to counter that. If I were in their situation though, no amount of moulah would prevent me turning King's evidence and blowing the gaffe wide open as far as who asked for what to be done... mind you, I've got enough morality about me to not work for the kind of organisation that tried to blame everyone else for its followers murdering 39 Italians (whilst refusing to make any significant apology to this day) in the first place.

Reactions: nmc
Why is everyone skipping the point here. If you went on holiday and left a window ajar and returned to find your house had been burgled. I'm sure you'd be pissed off if your insurance company and the police turned round and said "well you should of shut your window sir, we ain't investigating or paying out"
Ah forget it. Not worth the hassle trying to explain tbh. Think it's discussions that have gone away from the matter via basic examples that don't fit quite right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.