#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily his best game for us yesterday-taken his time to settle and up against one of the best. Rumours that he's off? Hopefully he will stay and continue to adjust.

Some on here too quick to write off new signings who take time to settle imo - Bernado , Mahrez come to mind.

Pep demands so much for the players to take on .

He is basically a hybrid of Walker and Zinchenko.

Fast, but not as fast as Walker, and very good on the ball with great passing (though not the range of Zinchenko).

Although combined, he is better than both imo. Just complete, full confidence in doing the wide bits and the inside bits.

I read on MSN that Jose was speaking to him to go to Spuds?
This isn't the first time I've read that a club is looking at signing him.

I'm really confused as he needs time to bed in like other players that have been mentioned.
He is young and has many years ahead of him, I don't get why there's talk of him leaving already.

I read on MSN that Jose was speaking to him to go to Spuds?
This isn't the first time I've read that a club is looking at signing him.

I'm really confused as he needs time to bed in like other players that have been mentioned.
He is young and has many years ahead of him, I don't get why there's talk of him leaving already.

I'm pretty sure he and his agent are just trying to use the threat of leaving to leverage some game time or let it be known he's not happy with his game time because he's worried about going to the Euro's.

And I would say that he's started playing a lot more since the rumours started.

We had the same thing with Otamendi 2 years ago, and he's a Mendes client as well. Pep gave him a run in the team and he settled down again.

I'm pretty sure he and his agent are just trying to use the threat of leaving to leverage some game time or let it be known he's not happy with his game time because he's worried about going to the Euro's.

And I would say that he's started playing a lot more since the rumours started.

We had the same thing with Otamendi 2 years ago, and he's a Mendes client as well. Pep gave him a run in the team and he settled down again.

Ah Yes, makes complete sense.

City won't be held to ransom though

It wouldn’t be that surprising if he’s unsettled after being used so little. I hope that changes and we keep him.

Although there’s not a huge amount to go on, I just have a feeling he could be a core member of our team looking forward. If he was worth £50m/£60m to us six months ago, somebody big at the club must have rated him.

Last edited:
Ah Yes, makes complete sense.

City won't be held to ransom though
While we won't, im sure if he doesn't get enough games he'll leave. Many consider him a top 5 RB in the world. I'm sure he knows this. So he sure won't sit as a permanent backup to anyone. He is too good for that. Sadly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.