#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no point, anymore. I wish somebody was brave enough and defended me. It is as if I am the only one seeing the bias. Bye Karen!
Of course there is bias. You don't need someone to be brave to defend you. You are doing a good job. State it as you see it. Understand not everyone will agree with you. Be okay with that.

Yes, there is a bias. Yes, many have pointed it out. Maybe not here, but in other threads.

Mahrez is playing great right now. No one can deny that :)

Now, what about this Wolves game then and all the champs league games in October?

Very poor of you to just jettison our conversation because you made an error, very poor form indeed.
That was not my intention mate. I was just trying to refresh my memory and check what you made out. As for the Wolves game, indeed he played but got subbed albeit not being the worst player on the pitch then we conceded two goals after. I also remember that he excelled against Everton away nd his link-up with Keven was sublime and yet he did not play the next game in the league. I also recall that after his outstanding performance with his national team against Columbia he was left out of our team in the subsequent PL games. I may not have got my assertion accurate and do not shy away from admitting it.

That was not my intention mate. I was just trying to refresh my memory and check what you made out. As for the Wolves game, indeed he played but got subbed albeit not being the worst player on the pitch then we conceded two goals after. I also remember that he excelled against Everton away nd his link-up with Keven was sublime and yet he did not play the next game in the league. I also recall that after his outstanding performance with his national team against Columbia he was left out of our team in the subsequent PL games. I may not have got my assertion accurate and do not shy away from admitting it.

Personally I still think it is a case of rotation myself, he will never play the amount of time he got at Leicester, that is the nature of the beast when joining a club like City.
Like I said he has played very well this season, a lot more consistently than last season that is for sure.

Bemused that he is dropped to the bench again.

All part of our constant rotation but as he’s a confidence player and clearly now on fire I find it a bit ridiculous. Especially as Bernardo after finally playing in the middle and looking like the player we all know he is now finds himself back on the right. Also harsh on Jesus as if world class Raz had to start today it would have been good to see him on the right again as he might actually look good again there too!

All part of our constant rotation but as he’s a confidence player and clearly now on fire I find it a bit ridiculous. Especially as Bernardo after finally playing in the middle and looking like the player we all know he is now finds himself back on the right. Also harsh on Jesus as if world class Raz had to start today it would have been good to see him on the right again as he might actually look good again there too!

I think many would have expected Mahrez to be in the team, and Sterling still sat on the bench . Seems especially hard on Mahrez.

That's because - Sheffield away game seems much harder and best players will play there...

Cancelo (Walker), David Silva (Bernardo), Gundogan (Rodri), Bernardo (Mahrez) Sterling (Jesus) -> are not the "best" players right now, if we have a look at the last matches.

So that's not the problem for Mahrez. If Walker, Rodri and Jesus are having a rest - he can have it too.

This lad has been in and out of the side for a year and a half, he’s not played that much at all really, especially for a club record signing. And we’ve just had a week off.

He does not need fucking resting!

Sterling does not deserve his place in this team at the moment and Mahrez has been our best forward since mid-December. Why the fuck was he on the bench?

This lad has been in and out of the side for a year and a half, he’s not played that much at all really, especially for a club record signing. And we’ve just had a week off.

He does not need fucking resting!

Sterling does not deserve his place in this team at the moment and Mahrez has been our best forward since mid-December. Why the fuck was he on the bench?

Very good point, Raheem has been a shadow of himself for a worrying length of time now. When he was in great form week in, week out he, er, played every week. Maybe getting a rest every ten/twelve games or so.

Right now, Mahrez deserves to see how he copes playing every week given his form.

Play him yesterday and Tuesday, rest him Fa cup and back for the semi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.