******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too lazy to Google it, but it must be a while since England managed to amass (more or less) 500 in a first innings of a test match. AND away from Blighty as well. AND, without being bowled out. A couple of quick wickets in the morning, have the South Africans around 100/4 and see how they handle the pressure. The follow on total would still be a long way off at that stage. If we enforced it.

Too lazy to Google it, but it must be a while since England managed to amass (more or less) 500 in a first innings of a test match. AND away from Blighty as well. AND, without being bowled out. A couple of quick wickets in the morning, have the South Africans around 100/4 and see how they handle the pressure. The follow on total would still be a long way off at that stage. If we enforced it.
I was only half listening but I'm sure they said we have only got 400 a handful of times during Roots captaincy . An awful stat but hopefully with the new way we seem to be going about it that will be on the rise

Great day for England.

pope is a great find and so nice him getting his ton and carrying his bat, no need to panic and you don't lose with 500 on the board ? so england should be all over them in the morning and 60/2 is is a great start and england go again fresh in the morning

Shocking behaviour from Rabada yesterday at Root.
Glad hes got a ban for the next test.
The game should be played with integrity.

Shocking behaviour from Rabada yesterday at Root.
Glad hes got a ban for the next test.
The game should be played with integrity.
And the problem is he's a serial offender. As Atherton said, he's a slow learner. As a one off offence, it wouldn't be seen as being THAT bad. Witness Buttler in the last test, swearing at Philander. AFAIAA, he hasn't been in trouble for that sort of offence before.

A lot of talk comparing Stokes with Botham, Imran, Kapil Dev, Hadlee. The truth is he's a better batsman than all of them. They were all great test match bowlers who could bat.

In Kapil and Botham's case they would have got a game as a batsmen even if they couldn't bowl.

Stokes us a better fielder too. And he'd get a game even if he couldn't bat.

So more like Kallis in that regard.

South Africa really are poor. This is probably the worst team since they came back into the test arena. A couple of decent players but no top class ones what so ever.
That said, there are some green shoots of recovery appearing for England. Pope, Sibley and Curran look top quality young players. Root is not a great captain, Butler is not test match quality and Denly should be nowhere near a test team. Jury out on Bess. Just a shame Moeen is not up to it mentally as he adds so much balance to the team.

And the problem is he's a serial offender. As Atherton said, he's a slow learner. As a one off offence, it wouldn't be seen as being THAT bad. Witness Buttler in the last test, swearing at Philander. AFAIAA, he hasn't been in trouble for that sort of offence before.

Why isn't he learning then?

Ask him. Or his team mates. Or his coaches. They'd know his psyche better than I would. I was simply quoting Atherton, who had a point. If you’ve been in trouble two or three times previously, and continue to transgress, it doesn't reflect well on you.

nothing wrong in sledging and i love passion and for me daft by ICB to ban him, no punches or pushing just a show or joy whats wrong with that, root got his chance to get back at him in the field so lets be men here stick and stones for me and come on its cricket a no contact sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.