Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola has stated Aymeric Laporte is 'not yet' ready to return to action for Manchester City, despite returning to training.Pep Guardiola has stated Aymeric Laporte is now training every day and 'not feeling pain' after the sessions.
He also went on to say to Simon Stone that we are waiting for the Doctors to say he can start to play. That feels like a formality.

Getting him up and running for Madrid has to be the target. I also think putting Fernandinho back in midfield is key aswel.

We've missed him badly, more than any other player this season. I want to see him back fully fit, not rushed back too soon. just hope he can fully recover from this injury and we can wait a little longer if need be. Fingers crossed he can get back and stay fit.

Pep Guardiola: "We cannot expect Aymeric @Laporte to solve all the problems. It has to be everyone. He is getting better. On Sunday the doctor will evaluate him. But after four, five months he will need time." [via @ManCity]

“They [Crystal Palace] didn’t need much to score goals and we have to improve. We have to be as a principle for everyone. I am going to talk to him [doctor] about when it will be possible [for Laporte to return] and step by step to come in."

Pep Guardiola: "We cannot expect Aymeric @Laporte to solve all the problems. It has to be everyone. He is getting better. On Sunday the doctor will evaluate him. But after four, five months he will need time." [via @ManCity]

“They [Crystal Palace] didn’t need much to score goals and we have to improve. We have to be as a principle for everyone. I am going to talk to him [doctor] about when it will be possible [for Laporte to return] and step by step to come in."
I hope he doesn't rush him back, John Stones is gone for a while after yesterday (hopefully, and I don't mean that nastily), so get Garcia back in, he's looked perfectly comfortable.

I hope he doesn't rush him back, John Stones is gone for a while after yesterday (hopefully, and I don't mean that nastily), so get Garcia back in, he's looked perfectly comfortable.
Think he might get a few minutes against Fulham as a sub. Guess we’ll gradually ease him back into it with an eye on getting him ready for the Madrid games.

Think he might get a few minutes against Fulham as a sub. Guess we’ll gradually ease him back into it with an eye on getting him ready for the Madrid games.
Don't see a reason why to put him in danger against Fulham. If we will be 2,3 goala ahead then the game is over - why risk him? if the result is still equal or we are in behind we should bring strikers in not a CB. Let him rest for a few more days and return to full fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.